filter water vs. tap water

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys, is there a big different from giving you Ts filter water then giving them tap water? What the health issues in the two? Also Will it make your Ts molt sooner?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think there is anything harm in tap water. I use tap for all my T's and see no ill effects that would cause any concern. I don't think there are health issues since the tap is treated and cleaned so much. One or the other will have no effect on the molt process to the molt cycles.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never heard of it making a molt quicker. I have been using tap water, as have many other keepers, with zero problems.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its good old tap water for my ( T ) and it is ok for us to lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: === phil

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there is nobody to clean and purify their water in the wild and they do fine so im guessing tap cant do any harm hehe :p

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
how much chlorine is there in the water in the wild? :D

Depending if you live in a city or not...I used mostly tap water for the first year and a half or so of keeping my inverts...noticed no ill effects. But lately the city I live in seems to have been upping the chlorine level in the water (can taste it more) so I decided for less than a dollar a gallon I could "splurge" and buy distilled water ;)

I doubt it's going to hurt them...but a gallon of distilled water goes a long way :)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Distilled water will also leaves no hard water stain on your enclosure. Makes for easier clean up.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ehhehe yeah, i learned that after i had the hard water stains :(

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some people do not have bottle water and if you read the label look at all of the things it contains do the ( t ) benefit from it any one know LOL some how i think they will LOL === phil

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use tap water. The hard water stains are the only problem. I fill empty water bottles with tap water, and leave them uncapped for a day or two, the chlorine evaporates off. (I do this with drinking water in the summer, too)

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine get bottled water. My tap water is so horrible I won't drink it, I won't give it to my cat, and I won't even use it to make coffee. It's really hard water with rust and god knows what else in it. It comes out of the faucet sort of orangey with stuff floating in it. :confused: EEEWWW!. So only the good stuff for my pets. :D