Usambura Appreciation thread...post your pics!

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Since the last appreciation thread was a new world species (Acanthoscurria geniculata), I fiqured it's an old worlders turn.
Enter Pterinochilus sp. "Usambura"
Let's see some pics.
john

Attachments

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Here's mine before it's most recent molt. I have yet to get a decent pic of it as it's hiding. It's whole enclosure is full of webbing, I can't even find it's hide anymore. I think it may be buried, the T used to do quite a bit of digging. I can see the T through all the webbing, but it wouldn't make for a good picture.
Here it is at an inch in size. Probably about 1.5 now.

And here's why I have no recent pics. Again, there IS a hide in there....somewhere! This pic was taken during feeding, which explains the cricket rooting around.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep that would be me in the picture holding it. Mine is very calm and has never shown any aggression toward me.:)

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well can't say I've heard that too often. Want to come hold my 4? :D

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, this guy has since matured and was sent out to breed but I've always liked this pic so...
I never heard back from the guy who mated him though. In turn, and thanks to that experience, I know better than to send males out to just "whoever responds to a mature male ad first". I would've loved to have shared the offspring but maybe sometime in the future.

Anyhow, here he is telling us how much he likes his new home.

Atrax

Attachments

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've got 2 of them...one at 1/2 inch and the other a female at 3 inches...and i recently gave the other one i had (a 3 inch male from the same eggsac as the female) to my cousin...but i've got no digital camera.

Risto

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my fav of my usambara...I taught her to shake, hehe. :) I did end up holding it, I posted pics of that a while back. They're also on my newly updated website.

Last edited:

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Well, this guy has since matured and was sent out to breed but I've always liked this pic so...
I never heard back from the guy who mated him though. In turn, and thanks to that experience, I know better than to send males out to just "whoever responds to a mature male ad first". I would've loved to have shared the offspring but maybe sometime in the future.

Atrax
You should tell the rest of us who this person is so we don't have to go through the same situation that you are in.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
You should tell the rest of us who this person is so we don't have to go through the same situation that you are in.
No doubt.
Atrax, could you PM that piece of crap's name to me?
Maybe nothing happened yet (with the breeding). Myself, I try to keep everybody who sent me loans, updated on the progress, or lack of progress. Then again, some people aren't trustworthy though.
Scott, a breeding loan review would be a nice addition to this fine website. Example:
I loaned a male Cyriopagopus thorelli to Todd Gearheart. Todd sent me half of the babies produced from that coupling. I highly recommend Todd Gearheart if you have a male you're willing to loan out. Todd supplied individual vials, and shipped the package at his expense (IMO the vial expense should be shared among both parties). Or can this be posted in the Invertsonals?
Um, I'm off topic for this thread now, sorry.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Last edited:

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my little orange bitey thingey... It has molted about 3 weeks ago, but I don't have pics of the newly molted T unfortunately.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
... and ofcourse the pic that most of you have seen before, but I'll post it again, the composition is just about perfect...;)

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax

Atrax
Atrax,

I've had the same thing happen to me, sending out males and no responses, not even so much as a "your male got ate by my female, no eggsac resulted".

Nice pic!

Cheers,

Paul

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
I love my Usambara.

One day I will hold her - for now she is just to nervy and fast. I'm not afraid of her biting me, just running off.

Large pics coming up, please be patient 56k'ers!

Hi Lopez,

Great pics of a beautiful spider!

How do you manage to upload files that are over 640 pixels?

Cheers,

Paul