I siad i wasnt gonna buy wild caught anymore, but...

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
...It was only four bucks. I couldn't help myself. It was sold to me as a Asian birdeater. It looks skinny and dehydrated, but i'll take care of it. Does anyone know the ID on this spider, prob a haplopelma ?

Attachments

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
more than likely haplopelma...but i don't know what species...
maybe a h. minax??????:?

Risto

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes it is H. longipedum, also knows as C. paganus.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is it eating?
I can't see its abdomen.:eek:

ET

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Is it eating?
Yeah, its actullay eating a superworm in that pic, you just cant see it. Like i siad its in bad shape. Thats why i dont like buying wild caught. Who knows how long the poor thing has been living in that little cup.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man,
could you take a pic from the side? I can't get a good viewpoint from the pic for some reason..

Thanks in advance!
peace
dave

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd agree with JakeR. -- Haplopelma sp. "longipedum" aka Cyriopagopus paganus. Often referred to as any of the following common names:

Asian Birdeater
Thai Birdeater
Vietnamese Tiger (or Earthtiger)
Vietnam Birdeater
'Edible' Birdeater

...etc.

bill

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rippin' Deal!

Well, you got a rippin' deal! I've been watching a large (f) here since Christmas, but they won't come down on the $70 price tag. If I'm shelling out that kind of $$$$, it will be for another Pampho. I don't have a real great track record with Asians.
Nice T! Congrats!

Kelly O

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
$70.00 sounds more like a Chinese Earthtiger (H. schmidti). That much money for a longipedum would be quite a bit over their average 'going rate'.

bill

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I agree with Bill...

but they won't come down on the $70 price tag.
Wow! That can't be the same species. I've seen them for anywhere from $15 to $30 at most. I agree with Bill, it's probably an H. schmidti (been on my wish list for a while).

$4 is a steal and you can nurse it back to good health and be proud of the fact you saved it from an early demise.:)