Who are the Blue Bloom Birdeater & Mexican Beauty?

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got back from Whiteplains with 4 new spiders from Tommy’s table. They look awesome.

The only problem is I am not sure about the scientific name of two of them: Blue Bloom Birdeater & Mexican Beauty. I didn’t want to monopolize his time and figured the names should be obvious if I do a search but after a bit of looking around, I’m really not sure who I brought home. I hate common names! Do you think I have a Pamphobeteus nigricolor & maybe a Brachypelma boehmei?

I know some of you were there looking at the same spiders throughout the day… I think I recognized a few faces but felt awkward walking up and calling you by your screen name.

Thanks for your help, Cheri

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got back from Whiteplains with 4 new spiders from Tommy’s table. They look awesome.

The only problem is I am not sure about the scientific name of two of them: Blue Bloom Birdeater & Mexican Beauty. I didn’t want to monopolize his time and figured the names should be obvious if I do a search but after a bit of looking around, I’m really not sure who I brought home. I hate common names! Do you think I have a Pamphobeteus nigricolor & maybe a Brachypelma boehmei?

I know some of you were there looking at the same spiders throughout the day… I think I recognized a few faces but felt awkward walking up and calling you by your screen name.

Thanks for your help, Cheri
Those common names seem like they would match the Sci. ones. Do you mind getting some pics?

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can take them with no problem, especially since they are in the containers I bought them in. But me posting pictures could take forever... I'll see what I can do...

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I've also heard Mexican Beauty in reference to A. bicoloratum.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I herd the mexican beauty was Brachypelma baumgarteni. I dont know about the other one.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can take them with no problem, especially since they are in the containers I bought them in. But me posting pictures could take forever... I'll see what I can do...
Use the
codes from imageshack.us or photobucket.com

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I am attemping the picture thing. I think I have them uploaded... where, I do not know.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Okay..I am very familiar with the ones at his table.

The Mexican Beauty is the Brachypelma boehmei
The Blue Bloom Birdeater is the Pamphobetus nigricolor

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was almost positive that Mexican beauty was the common name for B. klassi, while B. boehmei is the mexican fireleg.

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you so much... I am getting really frustrated with the picture thing... My pictures look good to me but I can't get them on the site.

I don't have time to put them on flickr tonight...really need to get back to work after a whole day of spider time. Someday I will figure out pictures here and then you will all have to endure my thousands of photos.

You guys have been a wonderful help!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you so much... I am getting really frustrated with the picture thing... My pictures look good to me but I can't get them on the site.

I don't have time to put them on flickr tonight...really need to get back to work after a whole day of spider time. Someday I will figure out pictures here and then you will all have to endure my thousands of photos.

You guys have been a wonderful help!

One last suggestion, how about emailing them to me.. I can post them here for you. Email: paulnovak001@yahoo.com

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I was almost positive that Mexican beauty was the common name for B. klassi, while B. boehmei is the mexican fireleg.
It is but this is not the case....I saw the t's that were mentioned above and this is exactly one reason that the hobby uses scientific names instead of names given by dealers as they can change from person to person.

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do trust Chris' familiarity with Tommy's table but I just managed to get the pictures in my profile if you want to see the spiders. After taking a few dozen pictures I noticed a tiny "p.nig" on the Blue Bloom's lid confirming that one. Its the brachypelma that I was real confussed about. I haven't seen that common name too often and heard a few common ones for B. boehmei.

But now I'm happy with their id!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here are Lunas pics as well..

Blue Bloom Birdeater

Mexican Beauty

It is definately a B.boehmei and P.nigricolor

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for posting my pictures!!!
No problem, just helping out. You should get a photobucket account. Comes in handy. Just sign up for the free one and then from there its as easy as copy and paste.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi luna.. i saw you buying those today. ChrisNCT is 100% right with the id's he gave you. i have no clue why tommy uses common names.but he's done it like that for the last 10 or so years i've known him.
next time just ask him the names he would have no problem writing them down for you.
tom

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi luna.. i saw you buying those today. ChrisNCT is 100% right with the id's he gave you. i have no clue why tommy uses common names.but he's done it like that for the last 10 or so years i've known him.
next time just ask him the names he would have no problem writing them down for you.
tom
He's pretty much said the only people that want scientific names are the people from this website. The rest of the people he sells to at shows wouldn't know what the hell Brachypelma boehmi was. I just feel bad because I keep asking his wife what the latin names for everything is.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tommy's wife is cool as hell also. she is the 1 who knows the prices.hehe

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To my knowledge what Tommy sells as Mexican Beauty is B. baumgarteni...as I bought one a couple years ago and it's definitely not B. boehmei.