Shipping From U.S. to Canada?

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was asked to ship some t's to canada recently and was wondering if it was legal to do so. I figured that I'd need to be a licensed exporter and would have to fill out a stack of paper work to do so. Needless to say I told the person that i wasnt willing to do it if that was the case but I'd check into the legality of doing so with out being an exporter.

So is it legal to just pack them up and send them off? Or do i need to get a bunch of documents and pay fee's and such?

Thanks,

Corey Greene

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So is it legal to just pack them up and send them off?
Sure is. . .after about a two month permit wait, $200 in inspection fees, et al, shipping via a major airline, gas to go to a "port" airport, etc. etc.

Garrick
eight

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fees fees and more fees. Unless you are some huge import/export person, the permit is way to expensive.
And if you pack them up and ship them and get caught..... Stand back I dont know you :)
It can range from anything from a verbal "you messed up" "don't do it again" and being on the goverments poop list, or huge fines and maybe jail time (depending on what you are sending) and still being on th goverments poop list.

Ither way it's not really logical to get all that paperwork done, unless ofcourse the recieving party is willing to comp all the extra money and time and effort.

I personally have only exported once, and will never never ever do it again. It was the biggest hassle ever.

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This Subject REALLY pisses me off, why is it such a big hassel!, its not like a T can escape and live in the wild......have babies.....and over populate our tundra... one cold night and Bam its dead.....Looks like us canadians are just gunna have to keep shipping in from over seas...
One G.rosea at pet value = 50$ :wall:

PS. And just think about all the Crack being shiped into canada from the usa Or the Pot shiped from canada to the states, like honestly you package it right, it'll get threw. but thats just my rant....sorry.

Last edited:

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This Subject REALLY pisses me off, why is it such a big hassel!, its not like a T can escape and live in the wild......have babies.....and over populate our tundra... one cold night and Bam its dead.....Looks like us canadians are just gunna have to keep shipping in from over seas...
One G.rosea at pet value = 50$ :wall:

PS. And just think about all the Crack being shiped into canada from the usa Or the Pot shiped from canada to the states, like honestly you package it right, it'll get threw. but thats just my rant....sorry.
Um, there are plenty of species available in Canada, and a lot at decent prices too. The problem in this case is that a permit is needed to export from the U.S., not to import into Canada.

If you want spiders in Canada, join the Canadian subgroup.
Just go to your User CP (control panel, top left), click on group memberships, then ask to join the Canadian subforum. The first (maybe second) sticky is a list of Canadian dealers. :)

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I guess these guys are staying put for now then, but that is what i figured the deal was. Thanks for everyones input. Corey