brown and black crickets

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi. i got some big black crickets yesterday and i've already got some small brown ones in a tank. i was just wondering if they could be put together or would the big black ones just kill the small brown ones? thanks
Jono

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they should be all set, just make sure that there is something in there for them to eat.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well....I have crickets for feeding..And they get loose some times...So every time one of my parents see a cricket they think its mine..I have found a few black ones before...They died short after though. I had a water dish in it, some fruit..They just died on me..

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
all kinds of crickets will eat one another. your best bet is to put them together and keep it dry. get a sponge and wet it but make sure it doesn't drip. put it onto a plastic something lid so it doesn't touch the floor.

you can feed cream of wheat, grain, rice, oatmeal, etc. make sure it's natural (even dry pasta!) and the drier the better because you won't have to remove it.

feeding stuff that goes bad is very annoying because of the mess and the smell.

you NEED to have egg cartons and toilet paper rolls in abundance for them to hide in. usually cricket containers have the sides scraped rough so they can climb almost all the way up. this keeps them from being in one another's way.

they are highly cannibalistic. however, if you give them space, VERY easy to breed! :)

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think that if you give them some food that has proteins, canibalism shouldn't be very often. I give them a kind of fish-food that's for tropical fish. Its tiny-dried up worms. They REALLY like that stuff (Too bad its expensive:8o )