Versicolor enclosure

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went to wal-mart and when I got in there you could tell I was bite by the tarantula bug because i went straight to the section with the rubbermaid bins and stuff like that...Well I got three things and here is a picture of one of them with my versicolor tarantula in his new enclosure. one picture has a cordless phone just for reference as to how tall the container is. Enjoy the pictures:

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It might just be me but with that amount of foliage in his enclosure is your little versi going to be able to find his food/water? Baring in mind that once they have spun a web they will hardly ever leave it?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those containers are great i put all of my aboreals in them. they arelike 7.00 bucks at walmart/target...ect...
they are made by a company called MODS and these are called SNAPWARE.
they come in all kinds of sizes.

ballpython...i cut the long flaps off of the sides and only use the 2 short 1's.
that way it dosen't make as much noise when opening and easier to open and close.

moose

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It might just be me but with that amount of foliage in his enclosure is your little versi going to be able to find his food/water? Baring in mind that once they have spun a web they will hardly ever leave it?
Water - I can just mist the sides / leaves of the enclosure an the tarantula will drink it off the walls and the fake leaves.

food - they find food by vibration and if they can't sit and wait they will go out and look for it eventually prey - predator will past by each other...

Moose - you just mist the walls / fake leaves and maybe the web also for drinking water right? and the Versi can find its food correct?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Water - I can just mist the sides / leaves of the enclosure an the tarantula will drink it off the walls and the fake leaves.

food - they find food by vibration and if they can't sit and wait they will go out and look for it eventually prey - predator will past by each other...

Moose - you just mist the walls / fake leaves and maybe the web also for drinking water right? and the Versi can find its food correct?
Ya the T will eventually find it's food assuming the cricket doesn't hide and die in there, which could lead to mold or mites. I would take out a little bit of the decor.

Also, I was observing your pics, and saw that you really don't seem to have enough holes for venatilation. Great ventilation is key to this species.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya the T will eventually find it's food assuming the cricket doesn't hide and die in there, which could lead to mold or mites. I would take out a little bit of the decor.

Also, I was observing your pics, and saw that you really don't seem to have enough holes for venatilation. Great ventilation is key to this species.
Ok I'll add some tomorrow I dont wanna bother him any more...how many holes per side...Right now i have three from top to bottom so 12 holes total on the side and i think 4 in the top

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to be kidding but you probally should have something like 50-60 holes in the container. thats about what i use.
i have a waterdish in mine and no foliage. i just use corkbark and some moss.

moose