Horned frog/pacman frog pics thread

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Inspired by the frtog pics thread and the pyxie pics thread I decided to make a picture thread dedicated to those loveable horned frogs. Unfortunetly I no longer have any but I am looking forward to seeing yours.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice frog. Though I've never been a fan of hybrids or albinos and such, seems so unnatural and....off. Cute bugger nonetheless, good luck with him!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Generally I am not a fan of hybrids or albinos. but I saw this little guy and it is just so nice I wanted to have it. I would really like to get a C.corunata (partially why I got this one) hopefully someone will post pics of a corunata :D

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 days ago I bought a C. cornuta, will have pictures this evening.

They're amazing animals.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's my tiny C. cornuta, CB, 2,5 cm but dropdead gorgeous

And eating like a pacman should

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This moss was with the frog, I buy it at plantshops, it's normal spagnum, it grows in some swamp like environment too.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats a great little frog! and yeah that sphagnum can be purchased in almost any plant store its about $5.00 for a big bag of it.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
5.00 for a big bag wow i paid like 7 quid for a little carboard box of dry s*t and it lasted one toad thing so i bought some eco earth you put in a bucket...works a treat still got like 3/4 left haha!

might get a pacman their wicked.. look so cute till they chomp you i guess..

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow ythats beautiful horned frog, nice photography skills too. How long you been takeing photos like properly for?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I love pacman frogs!:clap: Some very gorgeous specimans!

I'll get some pictures of mine up here sometime soon.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great shots David! Makes me want to take my frogs outside :) Im sure it would look nice than coco fibre for a backdrop lol

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i also have a pacman, mine has stopped eating for about a month though and it has been worrying me. it has not slowed down or anything, but has become a little slim. What do you guys think is wrong?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not sure what's wrong.. how do you have it housed? how old is it? and when you say "hasn't slowed it down" what do you mean by that?? cause mine couldnt get any slower all they do is sit there lol.. anyways perhaps with some more information (diet as well as the above) someone should be able to answer your question.. a picture would be good as well..

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Here is my albino C. cranwelli. He just surfaced for the evening and ate 4 large crickets. I got him two months ago today. It isn't the best picture and he wasn't near anything for scale. I took it from directly overhead which didn't help the composition of the picture any. He's about 2 inches in diameter. The photo does show some nice patterning though, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice frog you have there! my ornata surfaced today and tried to eat my fingers several times and then was hanging of my camera cord when I took its pic lol. I will post soon with photos.