Should I send him on?

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a mm A. avic and he mated with my female twice. I am not sure if he had loaded for the second time. For the first mating the female was very interested and threw herself up in a "threat posture". I was unsure if it was aggressive because she certainly didn't put up resistance to him mating with her. Now when I put him in there, she runs from him. He will have the backs of her legs and he taps on him and drums and bobs but she doesnt seem to want to do it now. I know the life and fertility span of A. avics isnt much but I was thinking I should mate them once or twice more. Should I sent him on and not wait for her to become receptive (or aggressive) towards him?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a mm A. avic and he mated with my female twice. I am not sure if he had loaded for the second time. For the first mating the female was very interested and threw herself up in a "threat posture". I was unsure if it was aggressive because she certainly didn't put up resistance to him mating with her. Now when I put him in there, she runs from him. He will have the backs of her legs and he taps on him and drums and bobs but she doesnt seem to want to do it now. I know the life and fertility span of A. avics isnt much but I was thinking I should mate them once or twice more. Should I sent him on and not wait for her to become receptive (or aggressive) towards him?
Hey Snipes, the reaction your getting from your female when you introduce the male after the matings they have already done is the exact same reaction I got from my female. She dropped a few weeks later. I would try to mate her with him one more time, and if you get the same behavior as you just did, then send him off cause she'll refuse to mate till she sheds or lays.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
From what I've been told about breeding, if they have already mated and she wants nothing else to do with him, it is time for him to find new love interests. She is either now going to lay or moult.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is true most of the time. Try one more time in a few days and if she responds the same way then the male did the deed and did it well. On to other females he should go.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She isnt eating well like she used to :?. What could that mean?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My female didn't eat a whole lot while she was gravid and she ended up laying, so it could be and is a good thing

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That means one of two things, upcoming molt. Or sac...... Mine have always had phases after matings. Still offer food every now and then if she keeps refusing that's fine too. Good luck! I hope to hear about a sac soon!

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
as an update, 6-18-07 she started eating and eating HARD. She is just ripping them from the tweezers as soon as she touches them. I have been feeding her lots but she seems to be getting fatter than usual even with the amt of food she has been getting. I have my fingers crossed!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's awesome! Congrats, hopefully you have your hands full soon if she drops you a nice sac!