little supper worms in b.dubia cage

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi i have about 300 b.dubias in a ten gallon tank.i cleaned it last month ,replaced egg cartons and every thing.today while getting a few i seen 10 to 15 look like superwormes.i bought superworms befor but never kept them with the colony of b.dubias.i might have put an old egg carton in?should i clean the cage again ?any one had this hapen?thanks

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that doesn't really matter, the worms could be the dinner for your roaches, and I guess they can cohabit.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i have about 300 b.dubias in a ten gallon tank.i cleaned it last month ,replaced egg cartons and every thing.today while getting a few i seen 10 to 15 look like superwormes.i bought superworms befor but never kept them with the colony of b.dubias.i might have put an old egg carton in?should i clean the cage again ?any one had this hapen?thanks
I have a colony of meal worms that started in the same fashion. I am pretty sure they came in on some kale I fed to the roaches. I just isolated out as many as I could and started a colony of them in some oat bran. they make great sling food.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have a couple species of tiny beetles that live in my roach colonies. they don't seem to hurt anything and i use the beetles and their larva to feed my other bugs :D