New Cyriopagopus species in the hobby ;-)

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Again this year we have succeeded in uncovering yet another species of Cyriopagopus . This time a HUGE species from Sulawesi that is so far the largest Cyriopagopus we have seen to date. Body shape is reminiscent of the Singapore Blue, with long slender legs, but the colouration is jet black. Here are pictures of premolt (and at least one pregnant ...) females:

I hope you will enjoy her as much as do I ;-)

Regards
Søren

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you uncovered a factory for this genus!? how big is huge?

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A factory it's not LOL ;-) Let's just say that we have found the way to uncover them in situ - so if they are there - we will definetly find them ;-) Huge is at least 25 cm legspan. Up and beyond the size of the singablues, but as you can see - also considerably chunkier ;-)

Regards
Søren

Have you uncovered a factory for this genus!? how big is huge?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I hope to see slings in the hobby very soon indeed, good luck with the fertilized female

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where did you guys learn your conversions? There's 2.54 cm in an inch, so that would make it around 9.8 inches.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah, yet another species outside the grasp of us Americans...:rolleyes:

looks awesome, it's on my long-term wishlist, like M. balfouri.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow gorgeous and huge T, I can't wait till this makes it to the states.

It looks like a cross between a Theraphosa spp., Hapopelma spp., and Cyriopagopus spp.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello Soren,
Very nice looking species. I wish you the best of luck on the gravid female. May she be fruitful and multiply ;)
I am interested to see pictures of a post molt female. Do you have any?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate this hobby, too many beautiful specimens, I really wanted to keep my collection down to about 5 or 6 tops choices, but I keep changing that list to accomodate more. Once I have my own house (or at least apartment) I can get as many as I wish!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Gorgeous spider! Whats the name? Got one yet?

This isn't the Cyrio.sp. "Black" is it?

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would suggest "Sulawesi Black" to seperate it from the "Borneo Black" which are smaller, stockier and more fuzzy. I have no postmolt photos of this species yet, but surely will have when she molts ;-)

Regards
Søren

Gorgeous spider! Whats the name? Got one yet?

This isn't the Cyrio.sp. "Black" is it?

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Brill :D I'm not normally a fan of the Cyrio. genus.. but this black one appeals to me where the blue one doesnt :D