i just bought a baby banded flat rock, and need some help

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it could fit its entire body on a dime and not hang over. so my question is, how big should the deli cup im putting it in be?

i've never had a scorpion this small/young. is there anything different that i need to do than the way i keep my adult flat rock? more humidity or anything? and what do i do about hides for it? im afriad that if i use slate or other rock, thta it will fall on the scorpion and kill it.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A four inch deli cup should suffice. You don't want too little fresh air intake and this size will enable you to better the temps from cooler to a warmer place. Depending on how old the scorp is. I have one that is every bit of a year old and a few months and she is only about twice the length of a dime crossways. I've been keeping this scorp at exactly the same temp and humidity as the adult for the entire time I've had her. I use a small, very thin piece of slate in the cup which she always hides under, except at night, when I throw the occasional pinhead cricket in. I keep her on sand because it holds up the slate better and the scorp is much smaller than the stone... by at least ten times, and is very unlikely to burrow out the entire area under the slate.

adios,
edw. :D