One tried to escape....It was funny!

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Avic.Avic, tried to escape tonight when I tried to mist its cage. I was misting it on one side while my T was on the other. BAM! Just, like that it was gone! I looked around and found it under my coffee table(Yes I have a coffee table in my room:rolleyes: ) and it was just hanging around under it. I scoped it up. It tried to bite me. I put it in its cage and, thats, that!

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well at least you caught it. you should have seen me chasing my 1/2 inch usumbara sling around my room.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by That_Guy
My Avic.Avic, tried to escape tonight when I tried to mist its cage. I was misting it on one side while my T was on the other. BAM! Just, like that it was gone! I looked around and found it under my coffee table(Yes I have a coffee table in my room:rolleyes: ) and it was just hanging around under it. I scoped it up. It tried to bite me. I put it in its cage and, thats, that!
Yeah they can be fast, you have to wach it when misting as they hate getting wet. Glad to know you got back in it's enclosure.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Lol my Pinktoe does the same thing usually... if i have the tank open it decides to go for a little walk. It usually goes out the same side each time then climbs up the side of the big tank that is right beside its own tank and then goes and sits inside of it. Maybe she is trying to tell me she wants to live in that tank as right now it is vacant and waiting for one of my other aboreals to grow up so I can devide the tank to put them both in it. Oh well atleast you caught it and put it back where it belings.

peace

TheDon

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
all pinktoes are greedy, never to be pleased little bastards.....No matter what you do, how nice you make their home, they always want the one right next door....

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, it tried to bite you huh? i thought most of these were docile sweeties?

perhaps when you went to cup-grab it with your hand it became highly displeased. (grin)

my keepers i have my larger Ts in all have 'screened' lids so misting is very, very easy. :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine never escape... probably due to the fact that i have the worlds slowest avics.

i've never seen some of them jump, and i never EVER seen 2 of them bolt....

just real slow.
plus im smart when im doing all the cages/cups/tanks... never had one escape at all..

now new slings being transfered to their new homes, yes, but who hasn't had an usumbara sling shoot out of that translucent deli cup -- you can't see where it is :)

glad you got your avic back though.
peace
dave

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes .slow

Yeah they're slow ,Dave

wow,, they've never escaped for you..:)