Got A Sac...So Now What?

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My A.Avic made a sac for me. Its about the size of a quarter or smaller. She has webbed herself in.
She is in an EXOterra Cage with a screen top .. Great ventelation. She is being kept at about 70deg F and its usually dark. should i put her into a room with NO light?

How it was Before

Now this is kinda what it looks like now. except I have a SAC :)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/UMD-Staley/ADADDY.jpg

I really need to know

Do I feed Her?
What to do with the sac?(and WHen)
Should i mist more often.. like ever 2 or 3 days? I've read about a.Avic eggs drying out.

And can someone please post that link with the How do build an egg sac Hammock. I have searched for it cant seem to find the one i looked at b4 .

Thanks in advance :)

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Keep her exactly as you have done. She wouldn't of laid the sac if the conditions weren't right for it to survive :) Don't do anything different.

She will accept food when she's ready. Leaving the sac in her web and going to get food and water etc then going back to it. In the wild they'd leave them in the holes in tree's, away from predators. If she doesn't eat it, remove it though to prevent the risk of them chewing the sac.

I'd leave the sac with her for 6 weeks, and then pull it (if she hasn't eaten it) as by this point you should have EWL and maybe some N2's. At this point you stand more chance of incubating it successfully. It's harder to incubate new sacs. If you catch her eating it however, you can pull and try to save whats left.

I can't help you on building the incubator though...