T claws and allergic reactions

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have the most painful, burning itch on my hands and one arm again. i'm starting to see a pattern now. i don't handle my T's for the heck of it - just for moving or an occasional outdoor picture. However, i realized everytime i have to handle a T - i am getting this VERY painful hot itch. The only thing that gives it any relief is prescription strength cortizone creme. i itch until i can actually see small blisters on my palms sometimes.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused: Yes they are NW T's as i use other means besides my hands to transfer the OW's and they don't have so many pics!! i have only been tagged by hairs once but this happens everytime one of those T's even touches me!! :eek:

Could i be allergic? Is this normal? Very frustrating.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have the most painful, burning itch on my hands and one arm again. i'm starting to see a pattern now. i don't handle my T's for the heck of it - just for moving or an occasional outdoor picture. However, i realized everytime i have to handle a T - i am getting this VERY painful hot itch. The only thing that gives it any relief is prescription strength cortizone creme. i itch until i can actually see small blisters on my palms sometimes.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused: Yes they are NW T's as i use other means besides my hands to transfer the OW's and they don't have so many pics!! i have only been tagged by hairs once but this happens everytime one of those T's even touches me!! :eek:

Could i be allergic? Is this normal? Very frustrating.
Since it happened at least one time what I think may have happen is that you became real sensitive after the first encounter so lets just say that you still may have some hairs or hair particulars that interact with the T when you hold them now and it just flares up making it worse.. have you ever put the cream on first then hold them so it would prevent the itchin?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since it happened at least one time what I think may have happen is that you became real sensitive after the first encounter so lets just say that you still may have some hairs or hair particulars that interact with the T when you hold them now and it just flares up making it worse.. have you ever put the cream on first then hold them so it would prevent the itchin?
Actually, this problem i have after handling T's started before the one time i got haired but who knows - maybe getting haired made it worse. i actually didn't react too much to the hair but i immediately blew it off, rinsed my arm and sprayed it with Bactine and was okay.

This reaction that i'm guessing is from their little claws gets no relief from washing or Bactine.

i haven't put Cortisone cream on my hands before holding any T's as i usually wash my hands first so there is no lotion or anything present to bother the T's. i don't know if they could get cortisone topically from the cream rubbed in my hands but i wouldn't want to take the chance as it can be nasty stuff and i personally feel is way over used. However, i would literally end up scratching my skin off if i didn't use it.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use to get that itching feeling too. I think it came from my rosehairs or something. I would get little water blisters that itched like crap in between my fingers and it was horrible. One time i had it last for like 2 weeks it sucked but that cream helped alot reliefs the itch!!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it could a reaction,i got that from holding a giant centipede that just died,it's legs were kinda digging into my arm(was taking pics) and i got this burning/itching feeling aswell and it took sometime for it to subside,there is gotta be something in the claws of ts/centies that do that.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use to get that itching feeling too. I think it came from my rosehairs or something. I would get little water blisters that itched like crap in between my fingers and it was horrible. One time i had it last for like 2 weeks it sucked but that cream helped alot reliefs the itch!!
That's exactly what it is. i think i get the blisters from scratching so much but man it is almost impossible not to!!

there is gotta be something in the claws of ts/centies that do that.
That's kind of what i was wondering. Is there some sort of chemical or something on T claws?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, there's gotta be, when i worked in the exotic pet trade we used to get these crested forest dragons from malaysia and they have a bacteria in their claws,because when i would handle them(to show people) they would scratch like crazy and the itching was unbearable and would last for hours,so after that happend i never handled them again,they are just to look at anyway,but it shows you that any animal could have this.

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im extremly allergic to nail scratches from rats. The tiniest scratch will welt me up.