Bad Molt In Progress - Ideas Needed

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Aphonopelma Flagstaff Orange is molting and it doesn't look good to me.

Her abdomen skin split off first. Every T I've seen pops their carapace first and comes out that way. She also did not flip or make a molt mat.

What do you think?

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ugh! Don't you hate when they molt right side up.

She hasn't started taking her legs out yet so I would just give her a little while. How long has she been like that?

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh no....….:(

I'm so sorry.

I saw the thread but I had no clue :confused:

Can you now see what happened or are you still at a loss?

Stephanie

Taki F&T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have no clue about your weather conditions, but she didn't by any chance get exposed to very cold temps. recently? I ask this because I saw it happen with a H lividum which got too cold just before her molt ?????

Sorry just saw now Cary NC, I assume North Carolina? Hot there now.....

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:( ahh that sucks sorry for your loss,i had a haplopelma minax do the same thing awhile back,kept humid and everything,she also tried molting in that position, and same thing happend. sorry again for yours.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Man that sucks. What a beautiful spider. Any idea of what might have gone wrong?

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Apparently I am too late to give advice. I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I should probably post my article about what to do when your T gets stuck in a molt.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful T...

Apparently I am too late to give advice. I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I should probably post my article about what to do when your T gets stuck in a molt.

Where will you be posting your article so i can read it for future reference??

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that was bad luck and i am sorry you lost it was there any thing you could ? or was it just a freak dead in molt thing ? phil