Humidity question

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I should get my exo-terra terrarium delivered tomorrow (12x12x18), which I plan on housing my 6" P. regalis in. At present, I plan on using a 11x3x3 sunken water container with pebbles for a natural look and to add humidity. I've been entertaining the idea of using a small exo-terra water fall instead, but I'm wondering if this will add too much humidity to the environment. I haven't seen a waterfall being used in all the terrarium pics I've searched through, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the community. I think it was Talkenlate who was experimenting with an all water bottom, so the waterfall might work.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it would work just fine but you still will have to add water to the waterfall a lot unless you partially close off the air flow.

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
didn't like the waterfall for other reasons

Not sure about your humidity issue but...

I bought their small water fall for a frog tank and had problems with it. Eventually I ended up pulling it out of the tank and not using it again.

The tubing that came with the pump was too long and inflexible. Yes, I did cut it to make it shorter at the pump end but then the tubing became too wide at that end soon causing it to loose suction. The place where it connected to the waterfall was too far inside for me to be able to replace the entire thing with new tubing. I have various sizes of tubing so I played around with trying to connect to the old tubing for a while but never got it to work well. Maybe mine was just a dud but I never bought another.

Cheri

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't know the answer, but sounds like a really cool idea. If possible and you pull it off, please post some pics. THanks.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would skip it. Tarantulas in general and pokies specifically hate falling water. Tarantulas hunt by motion and I think the water would just drive it crazy. It could get use to it, but really do not think it would be worth it. It probably just bury/web it like they do with all dishes.