P. Murinus

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Love them. Great attitude. Awesome webbing. They seem to love wandering about there cage at night, too. Definately top 5 for me.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome, I just got one, I'm just not sure how to transfer her without being eaten....

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do it in the bath tub plug the drain and stick it in it's new home enjoy

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
do it in the bath tub plug the drain and stick it in it's new home enjoy
In the tub??? Nooooo. I mean, she came in this little plastic container and i took the lid off and set her little container in to the tank, hoping she'll just crawl out eventually but i dunno if that'll work... And I really wanna get her out so i can take out the old container cause she molted in it and i wanna look at it. I've been reading stuff about their bite and I just really don't wanna stick my hand in there....

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The way you are doing it is likely the best. Thats how I transfered mine and now she is still using her old enclosure as a hide.If you try to force her out of her home she "will" become very defensive. The molts will last a long time so be patient.
Jason

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is this you first T if it is you should have gotten a rose hair. take the vial get a cup take it into the tub with the new home and get a a long piece of wire bend the end a little. now open the vial stick the wire into the vial slowlyand fish it out it will come out fast when it comes out put the cup over it then slide a card under the cup. the move the cup over or into the new home and remove the card sliding the T off. now put the lid on

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea mine was hard to get out finally after taking some tongs and pulling the paper towel it was in it ran like crazy luckily i caught it fast boogers!!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are awesome T's!! Mine are especially crazy at night. The only time they're really slowed down at all is when they are pre-molt. If it were me and you're nervous of the OBT i would just leave its container in there for a while. They can be lightening fast when they want to. i had one run right up the tile wall while attempting to transfer in the tub. When you T moves out of it's old container, i would just pull it out with some tongs when your OBT is tucked in whatever area she makes for her new hide. Congrats and enjoy your new OBT - they're fun!!

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. murinus is my only T which has been really, really difficult to rehouse. Other than that, she is a great T!

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had no trouble rehousing mine. = \ Maybe it's defective... LOL

Just put the vial it's in, inside the new container, and tap the ground outside the vial to make it come out thinking it's food, keep luring it out, and then when it's far enough away pull the vial out. That worked for me.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just put the vial it's in, inside the new container, and tap the ground outside the vial to make it come out thinking it's food, keep luring it out, and then when it's far enough away pull the vial out. That worked for me.
Mine is a complete psycho, so sometimes I can't get anything even near her. She either makes a run for it or tries to fang me. :D

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm talking about my 1" sling. Haha... It was climbing up the side once and I poked it gently down with my finger...

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last time it took about 15 minutes to rehouse mine, I think. So these guys can definitely be difficult to deal with. I don't think anyone should get a P. murinus without some experience of aggressive spiders.

It's scary that some pet stores sell these to beginners.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive have 2 aswell awesome spiders.....everything about them,enjoy yours:clap:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last time it took about 15 minutes to rehouse mine, I think. So these guys can definitely be difficult to deal with. I don't think anyone should get a P. murinus without some experience of aggressive spiders.

It's scary that some pet stores sell these to beginners.
I dunno. I can't agree with that completely. My OBT is my first 'aggressive' spider. How else are you supposed to learn? Get a lividum? But then people will say they should get a different 'aggressive' T first. You know what I mean?

I think the problem lies in not understanding Ts in general, and your own personal comfort level. An 'agro' species should NOT be anyone's first T. No way, that's for sure. Nor a second I believe. I got my OBT as my third T. But I have a pretty vicious rosea, so I learned from that and gained my comfort from that experience. It's really a personal comfort level, if you feel that you're ready, then young Jedi, you are ready. One way to learn, and that is to make mistakes, and experience things. Wait, that's two ways...