• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Aphonopelma sp. "paysoni"

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
kept both at 75F. both have freshly molted within the last couple months :)

male went right to work on the female, they have mated twice so far now.

female is missing leg I on her right side, but it didn't seem to matter.

will update later on :D *** see pic below!!

~daniel~

Last edited:

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I caught a few females and sub adult males in june of 06, near Payson Az. in july 06, again collecting near Payson I stumbled upon a fresh molted MM and although I rarely take MM,s from the wild I took him home as he was fresh molted and I had many females that I wanted to breed, I introduced him to the female after I had seen remnants of a sperm web in his enclosure, the pairing was textbook with the male drumming a bit and vibrating the female didnt drum back but just turned to him and raised up to let him do his thing, I bred him w/ 4 other females as well but only the 1 gave me a sac, 2 were sold so they may have produced but I havent been told of any others.

the female was kept @ 80 degrees f for the rest of summer and put in my shed about nov. where she stayed till april temps were generaly about 45-65 durring the day and 30-40 f at night most of this time, I kept the water dish full but did not feed durring this time and she had gained noticable weight in april when I pulled her out, inside the temps were again 80-90 f and I fed her ALOT untill she started webbing all over the enclosure about the last week of may and on the 25th she produced a sac, I left it with her for 30 days and then took it and incubated the rest of the way in a hammock style incubator, I had a near 100% hatch rate on the sac and the total sling count was 316.
PEACE ALL, B.

View attachment 69257
View attachment 69260
View attachment 69258
View attachment 69259

Last edited: