woodlouse hunter (Dysdera crocata) care

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hey all, just wondering how you all would advise to keep a Dysdera crocata? found a big ole fat one last night and want to keep her...

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've kept them before they are ferocious predators and very easy to care for. I kept them in plastic salt and pepper shakers with about a inch of damp not moist earth and they made web earth burrows and I feed them medium crickets. If its a she it might be gravid. Good Luck :D

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I've kept them before they are ferocious predators and very easy to care for. I kept them in plastic salt and pepper shakers with about a inch of damp not moist earth and they made web earth burrows and I feed them medium crickets. If its a she it might be gravid. Good Luck :D
thank you! i'll do that. and i think it is a she...

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: yeah, ive kept them before they rock! and those fangs.......awesome have fun w/yours

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
:clap: yeah, ive kept them before they rock! and those fangs.......awesome have fun w/yours
haha! thanks! i found a small area with some in it, i'll have to go back and get a couple more!!!{D

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Hey, I love this species. And have bred them twice. Just toss in pillbugs and she'll take care of the rest. I mist every once in awhile, but no need for soaking. Mating is difficult, but eggsacks are easy, if you catch an adult female, she'll probably lay a sack soon.

-Sean

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, 3/4"-1" worth of dry-moist substrate.

Their silk cocoons are incredibly thick and tough.

Awesome spider, very nice pair of fangs, they'll take both crickets (usually consuming them entirely) and woodlouse/sow bugs (leaving dried out husks).

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've always loved the looks of these things, and I've been looking for them forever :(

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OMG We used to get those in our house sometimes, but I used to find them in the woods under rocks and old logs/bark (this was back in NH). Scared the **** out of me!

Angels5599

Arachnopeon
Can they be kept together? i just went outside in my backyard an scooped a couple up.

Angels5599

Arachnopeon
I seen that lol. I usually post up on old things. Sometimes ppl answer my questions sometimes they dont.