P.irminia sac - Siamese twins!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pulled our P.irminia sac earlier tonight (video of that is uploading now) and as we were seperating the eggs w/ legs, we noticed something interesting...one has one abdomen, two heads and 16 legs - all wiggling! We've never run across this before, thought it was very interesting and wanted to share some pics of the little guys/girls...

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow keep a record of that the only thing is that im not sure how molting will go..... dont look too good when it comes to molts but document this!!!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wow keep a record of that the only thing is that im not sure how molting will go..... dont look too good when it comes to molts but document this!!!!
Yeah, pretty much our thought too...we'll be documenting this the whole way. Love to see it molt at least a time or two (hopefully more!). Going to be very interesting to see what happens...

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is great seeing as someone just posted the two abdomen thread. I can't wait to hear what happens with this one. So...... what happens with this one? :wall: I know this is :} off the subject, but how did the gbb arboreal setup go Rob?

Last edited by a moderator:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is great seeing as someone just posted the two abdomen thread. I can't wait to hear what happens with this one. So...... what happens with this one? :wall: I know this is :} off the subject, but how did the gbb arboreal setup go Rob?
Yeah, we'll see what happens with this one...I can just see them fighting over their food!! LOL

I moved the GBB back to a 20gal long terrestrial set-up...it's just better for breeding purposes, more room. She seemed to like the vertical enclosure though but the male didn't like it when he had no where to run! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I hope they make it, but I know the molting process isn't something most siamese twins have to deal with. I asked about the gbb b/c I'm getting my first two Monday from Dave Grimm hopefully. :D

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In my opinion the T will pass. (die) I do hope for the best though. I am sure it will be interesting.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In my opinion the T will pass. (die) I do hope for the best though. I am sure it will be interesting.
Yeah, you are probably right - I had the same thought but it was still neat to see first hand...

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If only nature boy was here. He would be bringing up ideas of a Stromatapelma Calceatum siamese and how they would either rip each other apart by running so fast in opposite directions or how they would just kill each other over dinner. Sigh...Woooooooooohhhhhh!!!:p

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If only nature boy was here. He would be bringing up ideas of a Stromatapelma Calceatum siamese and how they would either rip each other apart by running so fast in opposite directions or how they would just kill each other over dinner. Sigh...Woooooooooohhhhhh!!!:p
You have a point there...that's exactly what he would say! LOL

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It doesn't take long to figure that one out!! I would love to hang out with him sometime. He's the one that talked me into taking my H. lividum out for play time. Neither one of us got hurt, but my Lizzy, named after Lizzy Borden{D , did love our coffee table seeing as it ran up one of its legs and around it several times as I tried to coax it back into its enclosure. No more trying to hold it unless I have too. :D

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know of Avic. Avic. that was twin bodys.Just like that one.That was back about 10 years ago.It only lived 2 or 3 month and it died while molting.I hope
you have better luck.It wasn't mine and I don't know all the details.
I learned about it dying months later.

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know of Avic. Avic. that was twin bodys.Just like that one.That was back about 10 years ago.It only lived 2 or 3 month and it died while molting.I hope
you have better luck.It wasn't mine and I don't know all the details.
I learned about it dying months later.
I'm not surprised that that one passed away...I'm hoping this one holds on and is able to molt at least a few times but I have my doubts...it would be neat to see though. I'll be keeping everyone updated.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm not surprised that that one passed away...I'm hoping this one holds on and is able to molt at least a few times but I have my doubts...it would be neat to see though. I'll be keeping everyone updated.
You will also be doing that with videos and BAMS and cackles which is why your so loved and a such a huge favorite amongst us crackheads... I mean hobbyists!!!{D