• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Grammostola alticeps

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
YAY! I FINALLY got my male alticeps back and I paired him up with my female as soon as I got home. He kinda wondered around a little bit and when he first touched her I think they both kind fo freaked out. He sat there for just a second and then hooked her and had her up! He was amazing AND my female just sat there! I was really worried because she hasnt eaten in the past month but she doesnt look like shes about to molt. I think I just over fed her when I first got her and shes still using off that food. ANYWAY! I got At Least 2 good inserts if not more!!! It went perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Unsuccessful

Picture of the G. alticeps mating.

They were successfully mated with multiple insertions:
11/ 28/07 in the morning
11/28/07 in the afternoon
11/30/07
12/1/07
12/2/07
12/04/07
12/08/07

She had a cooling off period for about 2 months and then was warmed back up to around 80*-84*. She stopped eating after her first mating. I'm going to assume that either the male was bad or shes just harboring the sperm. She hasnt gained an ounce in size and actually seems to have gotten a bit smaller since her matings. She refuses to eat, has a bright peachy bum so theres no molt in sight, but hasnt made even an attempt to lay an eggsac.
Her last molt was in June of 07.