*New Exotic Keeper's Record - download here.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

The follow up to the old program, the tarantula keeper's record, now has a replacement which can be found here at my site: http://www.jcsoftware.co.nr/
Browse to the download section and there you will find it.

Any bugs, problems etc, let me know and I'll take care of them.

Thanks,

John.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi, so far it looks pretty good.
I have a question.
Is there a way to insert past molts?
Like inserting 3 or 4 molts that happened over the last year.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
There isn't a way to do that yet, but if your feeling brave, you could enter the molts with today's date, and manually edit them to the correct date in the appropriate xml file.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't have any problem manually editing them:)
What is a xml file:eek:

JohnC

Arachnopeon
The xml files are located in the application directory, so if you installed the program using the default path, then you'll find the directory with -> C:\Program Files\JC Software\Exotic Keeper's Record

If you want to change the invertebrate xml details then look for 'InvertRecord.xml', open that file using wordpad (or any other text editor) and look for these elements ->
<MoltHistory>
<anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">26 June 2008</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">26 June 2008</anyType>
</MoltHistory>

Be careful you pick the right record, as obviously each record contains these elements. Then you just change each date to whatever you like (using the same format). Save the changes and start up the program, and the changes should be reflected in the molt history.

John.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
:) good luck.

If you have any problems let me know.
I'll make sure to add the previous molt feature next time though. Editing xml files is not really that user friendly... ;)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll be trying this out when I get home. I assume the T keepers record .xml will import without complication?

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Instead of going thru all those steps, I just typed the molt history in the comments box.
This is really an amazing program.:D

Thanks

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately, you'll have to start over. It's worth the effort though. (honest).

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I go to downloads, I get a blank page, any suggestions?

Thanks
PIG-

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very impressive software, John!!!! I had made a chart with MS Excel and taped it to my door yesterday to keep track of just the feeding. Now I have everything and I can take those charts off my door.

Thanks a billion! :D

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This program is the most complete T program I have seen to date. Hats off to you, and thank you for making it available to us.

1 q. How do you add a species which isn't on the sp. list?

This is PIMP!!!
PIG-

Last edited:

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

Thanks for all of your comments.
If you can't find the species your looking for in the list, say a tarantula, then you can select any tarantula genus, then simply change the species name on the next step of the wizard. Changing it at that point will ensure the correct ID is created. After adding the new species, it will become available in the drop down box at the start of the wizard.

Unfortunately there is no plans for a mac version yet.

John

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I also really like the fact that you can add more than just tarantulas.
I've got a little of everything:D
To keep all that info in one place is awsome.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
John, one last Q. Is there any way to have the program put your T's in alphabetical order automatically in the event that you either mis-posted or will add later-on?

If not, no big deal.
Thanks.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Yes, you can certainly sort the records. Just click the item's column header on the main list and they will order themselves automatically. Each column can be sorted and also removed, resized etc.

At the moment there is no way to actually sort the records permanently, but I will fix that the next time.

Thanks,
John.