Parabuthus transvaalicus

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think those are two males a brought up there yesterday. All the others have at least one molt to go. I keep them on all desert sub with no organic soil in it. I brought back some of those 2.5 gals with the screen lid too, I like those.

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are from you? And you think they are males? damn
Both dave and I thought it was a pair due to difference in pedipalps. Also, one molted in the store.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I brought three up there, one immature female(days ago) and then two males yesterday. So maybe the female molted. You can sex the females early, they have little flap-looking things at the base of the pectines so I know immature fat I brought up was a female. Over several months, I've prob brought 6 or 7 up there, they may have kept some for selling or breeding later, you never know with those guys there haha.

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I might have both the males. Dang. Any chance you have a female you would be willing to sell down the line? I've got a juvi GBB that should be a female I could trade you.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, send me a PM if you want, kinda got the thread off track I think. I'm sure people would mind looking at them if you know how to post pics(?)

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do know how to post pictures, but my only camera is a very, very bad digital one (if you can find it, I had a thread a few weeks ago asking for a scorpion id. You can barely tell the scorpion from cork bark.) I've been meaning to get a lope for awhile now for identification, and this might help make me get one.

I'll send a PM.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Would love to see pics of them please :)

Has anyone tried tailing one of them ?
I imagine they have very strong tails and it might be a task keeping hold of it.

Last edited:

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have pictures: Scorpion 1 is the first pic, and the 2nd & 3rd are of the second one. They both look male to me :wall:

Last edited:

TCO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks like you have two males there. Here are a couple of pics for comparison. The pectin teeth count is not accurate for sexing this species, but note the rounded plate the female has on her pectin where it attaches to the body.

Here you go: