Info/pics on the following new species?

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anybody have pics/info on the following species?

Chilobrachys dyscolus /Burma, black-violet
Eupalestrus sp. /ITABUA Paraguay
Euathlus sp. /Red-orange, from Chile

Thanks.

Todd

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
>Chilobrachys dyscolus

Some think this one's more common in the pet trade. . .maybe it's sold under the name of other Chilobrachys (possibly sometimes somehow as a Haplopelma, too).
It lives in west/central Thailand, near the Burmese border, and, like a lot of others, is generally dark after a molt. They fade before molting.

Have you asked Volker about it? I'm sure he could give distinctions between it and other Chilobrachys spp.

Garrick
eight

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Garrick said:
Have you asked Volker about it?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I read somewhere that he got some skins or a dead one some years back that he was able to compare (I THINK it was him that got some from a collector), so he'd definitely be where I'd start.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's been suggested that many of the spiders sold as Chilobrachys sp. "Burma" (burmensis) are C. dyscolus. CLICK HERE... that's a single post, but you may wish to read the whole thread.

I've seen photos of the Eupalestrus sp. "Itabua"... but no other info.

Eric

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Todd!

> Chilobrachys dyscolus /Burma, black-violet
The same sold as Ch. burmensis or Ch. sp. "burmensis" as being told above.

>Eupalestrus sp. /ITABUA Paraguay
Looking the foto Provided by Martin I would tell it is hybrid between G. aureostriata and Eupalaestrus campestratus (i wonder who ID it as Eupalaestrus?).

>Euathlus sp. /Red-orange, from Chile
This species sold as WC and CR slings at least in Czech... under the different names like sp. "gold" or sp. "yellow" or "chilean yellow", "Gold - mountain", etc.
Small, cold, very-very hard and loong growing species of the average Paraphysa size.
Here is the fotos of juv - http://tarantulacanada.ca/gallery/images/536.php
http://krazy8sinvertebrates.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=331&osCsid=ec...
http://www.arachnomania.cz/Image.php?soubor=Euathlus sp.jpg
There was some foto of the adult I saw before too.

spiderPeter

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
M.F.Bagaturov said:
>Euathlus sp. /Red-orange, from Chile
This species sold as WC and CR slings at least in Czech... under the different names like sp. "gold" or sp. "yellow" or "chilean yellow", "Gold - mountain", etc.
There is also species with working name "Euathlus sp. Red", but as I know this never entered US market.
Only species from this group which were imported into US are:
Euathlus sp. Yellow
Euathlus vulpinus (Pachypelma ocullata)
Euathlus sp. Gold Lowland
Euathlus sp. Gold Mountain

Sure i mean spiderlings/juveniles from Europe, not WC adults dirrectly from Chile...

:} Hope it helped...

Peter

Last edited:

HW Auer

Arachnopeon
MRL said:
sorry to go off topic but that's an amazing gallery.. is there a site that shows those images with names/species?
No, but you can ask me if you need some species names.;-)

M.F.Bagaturov said:
>Eupalestrus sp. /ITABUA Paraguay
Looking the foto Provided by Martin I would tell it is hybrid between G. aureostriata and Eupalaestrus campestratus (i wonder who ID it as Eupalaestrus?).
I made the ID.
It´s no hybrid between G. aureostriata and E. campestratus as we found them in the wild some hundred kilometers from the Chaco (the range of G. aureostriata).

Regards

HW

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hELLO!

I made the ID.
It´s no hybrid between G. aureostriata and E. campestratus as we found them in the wild some hundred kilometers from the Chaco (the range of G. aureostriata).
Sorry, don't know who are You, but please tell us what is the taxo features of this new species You found distinguished it from E. campestratus and E. spinosissimus?
Thanks in further!

HW Auer

Arachnopeon
M.F.Bagaturov said:
hELLO!

Sorry, don't know who are You, but please tell us what is the taxo features of this new species You found distinguished it from E. campestratus and E. spinosissimus?
Thanks in further!
The main feature is the thick tibia on leg IV for genus Eupalaestrus.
No more features known because I don´t have dead species and/or an exuvia till now, so I can´t differ this one from E. campestraus and/or E. spinosissimus.
That´s why I call this species provisionally spec. Itapua - following the area where we found them.
Of course this could be a color variant of E. campestratus, but not sure till now.

Regards

HW

terra-fan

Arachnopeon
Hello HW,

could you tell us something about the attitude conditions? Which humidity and temperature does exist in the area where you found them?

Sorry all for my bad english, I try to do it better :)

Greets

Toby

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

BTW, you can distinguish Eupalaestrus Species from their next relatives by a distinct SA-keel on males bulb which is saw-shaped. The problem is, that Eupalaestrus males haven't the thickened rear legs, but this keel is a good character to identify males of this genus as well [see Bertani, R. (2000): Male palpal bulbs and homologous featurs in Theraphosinae (Aranea, Theraphosidae). Jour. Arachn. 28: 29-42].
Chilobrachys dyscolus: This Species is in the Pettrade for several years now. In Germany it was sold under different (wrong) names like Chilobrachys bicolor, Ch. burmensis and so on. The Material which is imported into the Pettrade usually comes from the Region Hua Hin in Thailand. I'd compared this Material with the (Holo-)Typematerial of all the Chilobrachys Species, which are described from Myanmar, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. (the only region from which I haven't examined all the Chilobrachys Typematerial Types is India, but from India there is no official, legal import available in the Pettrade). However, the dark brown "Chilobrachys burmensis/bicolor" with the noticeable longer, hairier and thicker front legs in comparison to the rear legs is identical to the Holotype from Chilobrachys dyscolus, so I'm of the opinion that our Material is Ch. dyscolus - that's it!:)

Cheers, Volker