The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 1 but it's not really informative.. Just trying to be creative lol.. It's a stupid funny kinda thing with my sis and I.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't know if my videos are "informative" lol but I have a Youtube account with feeding/rehousing/unpacking vids :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I don't know if my videos are "informative" lol but I have a Youtube account with feeding/rehousing/unpacking vids :)
I actually found your rehousing vid that you posted here, to be very informative. Just so you know :D

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I think Robc's videos beats all in terms of coverage. Talkenlate04 also has very good videos.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as informative goes and not just breeding vids or whatever, all we've done so far is videos on how we set up our mice and superworm breeding colonies. Nothing T related yet. We're going to do a packing video when we pack up our MM H. mac but that won't be until the end of the month. We also might do some rehousing videos. Who knows.

Cass

Thoroughbred

Arachnopeon
look at this angry mother !!! she gave me 205 babies

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xTrzXM2k50&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xTrzXM2k50&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. Also a Robc yt channel fan :clap:

Last edited:

Moose9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been told mine are informative. Link in sig below if your interested.

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if so post the link! :D
My Youtube channel has possibly the best info in Ts on youtube out there.

I cover the basics like

- How to care for a T in premolt and post molt
- Choosing a good T
- Difference between old world/new world species
- The bad of using common names
- Enclosure choices and designs
- What to feed them
- How to water and keep them at good temperatures
- How to sex them, dorsally (when adult) ventrally and from molts
- How to handle them (I only handle Ts I will Trust)
- Brief discussion of T temperaments (what's the term docile mean)
- A caresheet video on nearly every T I own
- Transferring videos of the Ts, both docile, and defensive
- The basics of T mating (only 1 video on an actual one)
- documentary molts on the Ts ( I film their actual molting) and give a sense how big they are
- Tarantula feeding videos (if you note the dates, that's my feeding schedule)
- A video of an online dealer,

and the list goes on.

The only vids I don't have is a caresheet vid from eggs to sling (Robc has one) and how to pack and ship Ts, of which I will be doing since I have 15 T.gigas that I am selling.

Others are moose9900, tarantulaguy1976, igtafuith, dobo1005 and such.

So don't be afraid to answer questions anytime. I answer all questions, even the most basic

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think we subscribe to each others channels. I am NYCMuffinMan, the king baboon handler, for clarification..

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think we subscribe to each others channels. I am NYCMuffinMan, the king baboon handler, for clarification..
+1
The best thing about a thread like this is finding other YouTube hobbyists to subscribe to. (sub'd to you JDR)

Lately, I have noticed that there is a good sense of comradery among hobbyists uploading videos to YouTube. Many AB users will put links to their YouTube pages in their signatures, or post up a thread featuring their videos. Alot of these people have good things to say about their husbandry and techniques, even if they are not making a strictly "educational" video. People have made mention of my videos being informative.....which I do try to do, even though I'm mostly just having fun with my hobby, LOL.