New Psalmopoeus cambridgei sling question

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I am a proud owner of a 1 inch Psalmopoeus cambridgei sling. I got it yesterday at Pangea Pets in Miami Lakes. Since its in a new enclosure, how long should i wait to feed it? It looks well fed, any suggestions ?

Last edited:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can try feeding it today. Some Ts will eat immediately and some won't. Our P. cambridgei is a fantastic eater and one of my favorites. :)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
You can try feeding it today. Some Ts will eat immediately and some won't. Our P. cambridgei is a fantastic eater and one of my favorites. :)
Thanks for the advice, I just wanna make sure it feels comfortable in its new home before i feed it. I may try tomorrow or the next day depending how my schedule works out

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I forgot to say that the enclosure looks great. :) We had ours set up in much the same way, with the big slant of wood/ bark and she had dirt curtains set up pretty quickly. However, what kind of wood do you have in there, can't really tell from the picture? I just worry about mold with the little ones.:)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Thanks, im not sure what kinda wood it is. I was leaving college and they had recently had done some tree cutting and found pieces of bar and twigs. i took some home, put water on it and micowaved it for 3mins in order to kill anything. I took the log out this morning cause i couldnt find the sling but it was in there hiding at the base of the bark in the coco fiber. im gonna leave the log out so i can remove any crickets leftover withoout disturbing the sling to much

LV-426

Arachnobaron
oh and that is not webbeing, just some scratches from cleaning up the holes, and i think some of that is just the way plastic itself looks:)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, im not sure what kinda wood it is. I was leaving college and they had recently had done some tree cutting and found pieces of bar and twigs. i took some home, put water on it and micowaved it for 3mins in order to kill anything. I took the log out this morning cause i couldnt find the sling but it was in there hiding at the base of the bark in the coco fiber. im gonna leave the log out so i can remove any crickets leftover withoout disturbing the sling to much
You should put something in there that goes vertically for it to anchor web and dirt curtains on. If you don't have cork bark, fake plants work too. That wood you had in there might have molded in the humidity, so it was probably best that you took it out.:)

Oh and I was referring to ours that made the dirt curtains, I wasn't seeing web in your enclosure.;)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I still got the bark going verticle, it not moldy thats just the the way texture is. The sling is hiding behind the bark at the base. it was doing the same thing at the herp store when i bought it. i have read in the Tarantula Keepers guide and other references that some arboreals start out terrestrial. This on once it leaves its hide at nightime goes arboreal.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I woke up this morning to find it made anchor web and dirt curtains :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one P. cam sling, and I NEVER see it. It's small enough that it's in a decent sized pill bottle.. and it has dug this nice little tunnel and just doesn't come out.