Illegal?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I dont know about you guys, but i would deffinitely rock some T. blondi fangs aHa... of course from a molt!
speaking of molts, Im not exactly sure what to do with them so i keep them on a paper towel! :/
I gather all the molts that are worth gathering (i.e. not completely messed up with broken legs and so on) in an empty box formerly used for feeders. I've heard of people actually using common hairspray to prepare them and in the following glue them onto white paper sheets, put those into a frame, hang on wall. I can imagine that might look pretty good actually with the more colorful species...

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Thats very possible. Never thought of something like that. Maybe we should make fang necklaces.
I have seen fang jewellery being sold before, and the "discalaimer" on it says that they are from molts of various species. I would imagine that Andrew is correct, and they use something to strengthen the fangs before using them.

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Most inverts are not protected in the US states. Look how many insects beetles and what not are made into key chains and paper weights..
If that was a talon, tooth or a claw etc. from a protected species than yes it would be illegal. We as humans have kept and adorned ourselfs for millenia with trophies or pieces of that which we have killed...
Speaking bout what's made Into stuff and whats not...I have a tarantula inside a globe but I'm pretty sure it's a molt...er....I hope

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's funny this subject came up. I definitely plan on making myself an awesome pair of earings from my 9" LPs molt fangs. I've made other jewelry so I have alot of stuff to make them with. Would probably just have to varnish them a bit to strengthen them. She should be flippin' over any day now...I hope...lol.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^those will be some huge fangs... the biggest set i have is off a 8" female A. genic i used to have. they would prob be an inch if straightened out. My female ROSIE has freakin HUGE fangs too... they dont look big but when i pair her and she shows them to the male...:eek: eek