Pets you wish were sold MORE OFTEN in pet stores!

missbizy

Arachnopeon
I love hognose snakes... they are so freaking cute. Luckily there is a local breeder, not 40 minutes from where I live... and they're only $60. :] I just don't have the space for one currently... Oddly enough it is really hard to get your hands or russian tortoises up here. I really want one... :]

Anthony Jensen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More Rosy Boas and Mountain Kingsnakes.. And of course more Androctonus sp, Parabuthus sp, and Rhopalurus sp..

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Exotic Ts would be great! i think they should offer more than an A. avicularia and G. rosea

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Well the problem with more exotic tarantulas is that most are being W/C, including the A. avic and G. rosea.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
More captive bred species of tarantulas would be nice. I would love to go to a pet shop and be able to pick and choose from 50+ species to bring home as long as I knew they weren't being raped from their homelands.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
african pouched rats... they're legal again, and amazing creatures, but import ban is still in effect all these years later, and no one seems to have them (or one turns up in the news killed and everyone freaks out. SEND IT HERE!!!! I'll take it! and I know PLENTY of people who'd KILL for one of their own!). Hell I'd prefer breeders, or ANYONE with them in the USA again! I miss my boy..

Oh, and pygmy mice. I had a pair of females many years back, and haven't seen them available anywhere since.

And dormice, and zebra mice!!! Those are legal again as well, once again, no one has them. OOOOH or jerboas, or jirds (OMG I remember those!), duprasi, lemmings, etc.

Basically, all exotic small rodents! The only ones I see anymore are spiny mice (and I bred those for years, had satin, cream, white spot), and african soft furred (and those are bred as feeders everywhere).

Seriously..... I used to have all kinds of oddball small rodents, and now no one does.

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
i would like to see hairless guinea pigs. i love my 2 but another would be great!

and some bedding like pine and cedar should NOT be sold.

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
PYGMY ANIMALS! By pygmy, I mean they can live in small tanks, 5 gallons or so. Especially in the city. People in apartments don't have space for snakes and stuff, we want tiny, cute, easy animals! I would say tarantulas, but they're illegal in NYC anyway... :'(

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'll second the Pixie frogs and add Giant African Millipedes to the list. By the time they caught my notice, they were banned from sale. At least it is my understanding that they were.

But I only want to see ANY of the animals we are listing sold at responsible pet stores.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Tim, you can still buy them just no importing;)

I would like to see more HEALTHY feeders of all kinds offered up. Not that I need them very often, but when I do it sickens me to see prepacked crickets with more dead than alive, FFs in moldy containers, tumorous goldfish, etc.

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also wish there was a larger variety of scorpions in pet stores!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
If they actually knew what they were doing:

Tarantulas
Centipedes
Scorpions
Snakes
Carnivourous Plants
Aquarium Plants

TsmallV

Arachnopeon
MUDSKIPPERS!!!! I love those xD, do wish to have one, though pets stores dont sell them any more :/, I remember seeing them last month and now their gone :(, wonder why?????

awolfe

Arachnosquire
Exactly what para said. You need to google reptile shows near you. I didn't look to see where you all are from, but I would think even if you have to have a exotic pet license you would still be able to purchase some of these animals. We have 2 shows within an hour and a half of us and we are literally a spec on a map town. Lol.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think inverts of any kind should be sold more often, as well as more species of small fish, such as darters and freshwater gobies. I'd include anything in the list that people are less likely to throw away when it reaches adult size.