• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Vaejovis spinigerus

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
While flipping rocks in Rio Rico AZ earlier this month, I found a 2" V. spinigerus hunkered down underneath one. I dropped to one knee and got out my container and tweezers, and tried to grasp the teslon (no fingers this time!) and manuver it into the vial. Well, it got away from the tweezers and ran right under my knee...bam! I can truly say that it was about "like a bee sting". Actually, it wasn't as bad a bee sting, because the pain subsided in about 15 minutes.

Wade

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got taged

i was trying to get him to pose for agood shot and silly me got tagged in the upper knuckle of my index finger he got me good because i had to remove it death bard lol, i would described the site as burning and about the same effect as a big fire ant bite and or sting. it is still pretty itchy today but wasnt that bad

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
While at ATS this summer(2005) in phoenix AZ, i went with a group of people to the bradshaw foot hills one morning to collect. Now technically, i was there searching for T's, but every once in a while, a flipped rock would yield a vaejovis. At one point i found a large tarantula burrow, and though it looked old and possibly abandoned, i decided it was best to dig it up to make sure. to my suprise, after a fair amount of digging, instead of a T popping out, A very large, very gravid, very pissed V spinigerus popped out of the burrow! A little suprized and not prepared, the scorp tried to haste a retreat, and stupidly, i let my instinct take control and i tried to tail it. bad idea. The pain was immense! it felt like someone pulverized my thumb with a hammer! after about 10-15 min the pain subsided to just a dull ache, and then my thumb began to swell. but during the car ride back to the hotel i stuck it in our ice bag(for drinks) and the swelling subsided as well. After we got back to the hotel an hour or two later, the pain and swelling was totally gone. but over a month later(today) there is still a small bumb on my thumb where it stung me, much like the bumb that developes on an earlobe that has been pierced, and apart from that, there really wasnt anything else to it. I got the scorp, and most people found this to be story quite amusing, and didnt mind throwing a few jokes about it my way.lol. I guess it really is only funny till someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i was pulling my female out of the container her brood had dispersed into when she tagged me on my thumb, in the fat pad on the last digit. she definitely penetrated and definitely envenomated, as i got the clear drip from the hole. i got stung because i literally just grabbed her, as i was interested in quickly getting her out the cage without disturbing the burrow her young were now covering.

it gave the faintest tingle which reduced to no noticeable effects in 20 seconds.

no noticeable effects since. my left hand hurts a tiny bit, but i'm pretty sure i got stung in the right hand... =P

if my thumb falls off, i'l be sure to update

Last edited:

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got hit by a very nice female this last weekend while flipping rocks outside of sedona az. She was under a nice sized rock and I didnt want it to smash her so I gently moved her onto my hand and returned the rock to its place. And she was so over joyed that the evil b*tch stung me when I put my hand back on the ground for her to walk off. The sting was a little painful and my finger swelled up just a little bit but nothing that I will every worry about. I would say that the desert hairy has more punch then this little girl did.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was tagged on my left hand, pinkie to be exact. it was by a unsenxed and just uinder 2 inch V.spinigerus. it was my stupidity that led to the sting, i picked it up like a piece of candy. it squirmed around in my hand then threw its stinger back and got me.
The pain was frightening more then painful, much lesser than the pain of a wasp, in fact the localized pain started to decrease after 15 minutes and was completly gone after 30. there was slight swelling, but not even noticeable after an hour had passed.

remainpositive

Arachnosquire
almost a 2" scorp. I was doing tank maintenance because their burrow caved in so I had to dig them out, I had a male and female in a communal tank and I already have gotten her out and managed to find the male, given that the scorpion was basically considered harmless venom wise I let it crawl on my hand to move it. I held it up to the jar so it can crawl in but wouldn't so I tried to flick him off he poked me while his tail was in a resting position which I yelped and dropped him into the jar. Only physical damaged was the faintest red spot, I did not receive any medical attention what so ever because obviously there is no need. I did fell an intense muscle cramp as if I had been lifting weights for long periods of time and a bit of bone aches, this lasted for about 3 hours then slowly but gradually subsided. I actually got stung on the knuckle where there joint meets in my index finger. This was my first sting ever and I'm just ecstatic to find out I'm not allergic.