Papilio's photo thread

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Michael these are by far the sickest photos on AB bro! People should bring their T's to your house to get them photographed. Keep up the professional work, I am deffinetly going to be back to this thread.

Cheers,

Chris
Wow, thanks Chris!! Super nice of you to say and MUCH appreciated! :D

Boy it would be a blast to run a T portrait studio. I keep running out of models ( nice rationalization to buy more Ts :) ).

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These photos are incredible. If you do decide to open a "T portrait studio" I'll be your first customer!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These photos are incredible. If you do decide to open a "T portrait studio" I'll be your first customer!
Thanks so much Trogdora! :)

Do you live in or near the Twin Cities? Advan just hooked me up with a local T group, 'MinnVerts', I'll be attending my first meeting with them in a few days.

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks so much Trogdora! :)

Do you live in or near the Twin Cities? Advan just hooked me up with a local T group, 'MinnVerts', I'll be attending my first meeting with them in a few days.
Yes I do, I'll be there as well. :) It should be a good time.

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
Wow, thanks Chris!! Super nice of you to say and MUCH appreciated! :D

Boy it would be a blast to run a T portrait studio. I keep running out of models ( nice rationalization to buy more Ts :) ).
Hahaa yeah I like where your heads at with that rationalization. I also like to use the one where I wake up in the morning and realize "Hey it's Sunday!" Surprisingly that one seems to happen every week... I can not argue with logic :)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lovely new sets. I especially like Avicularia Exuberance and Grooming - great captures!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. avicularia

This evening Chad came over and lent me a couple of Avics, an avicularia and a purpurea, giving me some much-needed variety. Thanks Chad! :)

Boy this one was mellow, after having spent the past month or more chasing Pokie slings!

Avicularia avicularia 1-inch sling by _papilio, on Flickr

10 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Open the 1920px Original

3 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Open the 1920px Original

4 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Open the 1920px Original

The Avic strut by _papilio, on Flickr

Open the 1920px Original

2 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

12 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Last edited:

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Beautiful photos, they look unreal! I love the photo set of the avic versi and p rufiliata. The grooming shot of the rufiliata where the fang is visible is very amazing :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, love the fang shot of the rufi. I can't begin to know how you catch pics like that without spooking the Ts

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The rest of the A. avicularia photos are up.

Beautiful photos, they look unreal! I love the photo set of the avic versi and p rufiliata. The grooming shot of the rufiliata where the fang is visible is very amazing :)
Thank you Hendersoniana! :)

I agree, love the fang shot of the rufi. I can't begin to know how you catch pics like that without spooking the Ts
Thanks Jeff! Other than slings and small juvies, like the GBB, I take just about all my photos through the enclosures. Blurs the image a bit unfortunately, but not nearly so much as I'd expect.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Very nice shots! It shows how nice looking this common species really is! I love how the setae "pops"!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice shots! It shows how nice looking this common species really is! I love how the setae "pops"!
Thanks a lot Chad! :D Yeah, the back-lighting really did the trick on this one!

matt82

Arachnoknight
It's great to see al of these shots in a thread on here now, the new A. avicularia photos are probably some of my favourites I've seen of yours man, just quality shots :clap:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. cambridgei, 2nd instar

WOW!...awsome pics!
Thanks a lot crawltech, much appreciated! :D

It's great to see al of these shots in a thread on here now, the new A. avicularia photos are probably some of my favourites I've seen of yours man, just quality shots :clap:
Cheers Matt! :)
Kinda hard to take a bad pic of something as cute as an Avic sling! ;)

Probably a couple of my toughest pics, I needed really deep focus stacks and the little guy thought it was so funny to keep running circles around the edges of the stone.

Psalmopoeus cambridgei 0.5-inch sling, 2nd instar by _papilio, on Flickr

27 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

I decided that I like the composition of this one with the image flipped ... it helps break the mind from recognizing something familiar, allowing instead a more immediate attention to the form, hues and textures.

And it's kind of an inside joke with myself ... this speedy miniscule P. cam got away from me during the shoot, and I was sure that I'd lost it under (or somewhere inside?) the sofa -- a couple of hours later I was lucky enough to notice it walking across the ceiling. :)

11 stacked images
Taken with Raynox dcr250 microphotographic lens attached to the 100mm Tokina Macro

Open the 1920px Original

Last edited:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
people have no idea how hairy these spiders really are!!!!!!!

love the pics man!...keep em comin!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. cyaneopuescens

Lovely new sets. I especially like Avicularia Exuberance and Grooming - great captures!
So sorry Trogdora, just happened to notice that I forgot to thank you for this comment! :8o

Was really sad to have had to miss this weekend's meet up. Chad got some great images didn't he?!
Hope to see you next month! :)

people have no idea how hairy these spiders really are!!!!!!!

love the pics man!...keep em comin!
Thanks again! :D I recently discovered the magic of back-lighting ... especially with some slings such as the Pokies and the grizzled Avics, I just love how it makes the hairs glow! :)

Seeing Chad's new photos of his fresh ultimate MM GBB ... love that carapace shot! ... thought I'd put these similar images up. This is the molt where she lost her flamingo legs.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens freshly-molted juvie, 2.5-inch. Green Bottle Blue by _papilio, on Flickr

7 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens freshly-molted juvie (2.5-inch) by _papilio, on Flickr

Detail crop of the above

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens freshly-molted juvie, 2.5-inch. by _papilio, on Flickr

3 stacked images

Open the 1920px Original

Last edited:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
More P. cambridgei slings

I had several P. cam images taken while the sling was moving its chelicerae and grooming it's front legs after taking a drink from the moat which I use to contain slings while photographing, so I wasn't able to do any stacking. Well, it kept leaping into the water anyway. lol I rather like these photos so I'll share them here -- then I promise to move on to other Ts! ;)

Again, I put the Raynox dcr250 lens on the Macro for these closeups.

Open the 1920px Original

Open the 1920px Original

Open the 1920px Original