JBM's Photo Thread

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The bag technique made rehousing my H. lividum a very seamless endeavor the last time I did it, so I too will sing its praises. Gorgeous spiders you have, by the way.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, normally I use a water bottle cut in half but it was too big for the little cubes I was working with. Cut a plastic bag I found down smaller to fit inside the cube and there was no where for the T to go but up into the bag. Worked like a charm! Thank you sir, they thank you as well!

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 11:00 PM ----------

Ok ok, I get it, it's YOUR water dish

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Arggghhh when will today be over? Have a box on my desk, I can't wait to get into it!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Arggghhh when will today be over? Have a box on my desk, I can't wait to get into it!
I hear ya! I have one too. :) But I opened it and made sure everyone was fine. Can't wait to see what's in yours! (Post pics) :D

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We need to talk about your TPS reports. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right! And JBM, I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday... so if you could just get here around 9:00, that would be great. Ah, I almost forgot...I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hear ya! I have one too. :) But I opened it and made sure everyone was fine. Can't wait to see what's in yours! (Post pics) :D
It's like Christmas, hard to contain myself! Whatcha get? Pics below :)

We need to talk about your TPS reports. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right! And JBM, I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday... so if you could just get here around 9:00, that would be great. Ah, I almost forgot...I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.
Haha nice, I used that on my gf the other day. She didn't get it :/ We have a movie to watch together. I'da been pissed if I had to work late today. I was driving like a lunatic to get home.

New additions:

Idiothele mira, my second attempt at a female :D

(look at those toes!)

Such a polite cutie

Been looking for this species for. so. LONG!
Uh oh, got some attitude here. They weren't as happy to see me as I was them

HI-YO Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran tiger x2 :D

(this is a threatpose, my finger was only inches away and I couldn't get it to let go of the vial's padding; probably the closest to a bite I've ever come)

Gorgeous, courageous, ornery, and the best part? I think they're both females! :D

Thanks to Pat (Comatose) for the great transaction!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Very nice additions Jeff! Don't be surprised if your I. mira molts tonight. ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You lucky son of a gun, good job on getting them sumatran tigers.
Thank you sir!

Very nice additions Jeff! Don't be surprised if your I. mira molts tonight. ;)
Thanks Chad, I would have been, why do you say that? It looks like it's in premolt? The new pics you posted, did you just pick up some mira too (along with the subfusca and metallica?)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Thanks Chad, I would have been, why do you say that? It looks like it's in premolt? The new pics you posted, did you just pick up some mira too (along with the subfusca and metallica?)
Yep, the box I received yesterday was from Pat and the I. mira that were in it both molted in transit. :D The P. metallica I got about a month ago, I just never posted pics. Now I need some Cyriopagopus!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the awesome additions! I'm jealous! :D
Haha says the one with one of the best collections and pic threads on these boards

Yep, the box I received yesterday was from Pat and the I. mira that were in it both molted in transit. :D The P. metallica I got about a month ago, I just never posted pics. Now I need some Cyriopagopus!
Ahh nice. Thats pretty nervewracking through, them molting in transit. Fortunately sounds like they made it fine. Mine hasn't molted quite yet but may today. Something to look forward to!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine hasn't molted quite yet but may today. Something to look forward to!
You were right Chad, it molted last night. Better still, looking at the teensy molt under scope, I'm almost positive it's female! Happy day:D

I hate bumping my thread with no pic sooo...here's a pic of the girl that got me back into Ts

Pandora scared the hell out of me back in the day and I definitely miss having her in my collection

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm my versicolor molted last night and this time things look a little more female. But...the spermatheca doesn't look quite right. Ventrally, looks very female. Oh well, I'll have to wait again to the next molt.

In the meantime....

New arrival!
Encyocratella olivacea

Something tells me you're from Africa :D

Unquestionably one of THE most beautiful tarantulas on the planet!

Thank you so much Anastasia, you're just the best!

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Congrats on the E. olivacea!! That is one gorgeous spider :drool:

Now I definitely need to come visit, although something tells me you would have it well hidden if I did. ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha thats pretty funny. Nooo not at all, you would see it all you like. Now, would you find out the combination lock or not, that's another story ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psycho finally molted, I can't wait to see and photograph her all the way out

Bout to get a slightly larger pulchra after long last as well ;)

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Wow she was a beautiful H mac! Always wanted one, just no space, beautiful Encyocratella olivacea too btw :).