Breeding Babycurus Jacksoni

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just bought a Red Thick Tail Bark Scorpion and I would Love to try and get the lil girl pregnant. Don't know why, but I'm having trouble finding much info on the species outside of books. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.:?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breeding is very simple. I raised mine from 2i to adulthood, bred and now they are having babies took about 6-7 months total from 2i - popping.

There are plenty of jacksoni enthusiasts here on the boards along with myself that would be more than willing to help.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was looking for info like how long do u leave the babies with the mother after being born. What is the percentage of cannabalism among this species. I Heard you remove the babies after their first molt and I've heard keep them in there longer than that. I got a 10 gallon terrarium for free was wondering if thats too big. Also from what I gather whether they are or are not communal is a ? maybe someone could clear that up for me.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks man that answers almost everything I guess i'll learn the rest while attempting to keep a few communally and hopefully when they breed.

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No problem, but remember any time scorpions are kept communally there is always a chance of cannibalism.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking for info like how long do u leave the babies with the mother after being born. What is the percentage of cannabalism among this species. I Heard you remove the babies after their first molt and I've heard keep them in there longer than that. I got a 10 gallon terrarium for free was wondering if thats too big. Also from what I gather whether they are or are not communal is a ? maybe someone could clear that up for me.
One of my jacksoni just gave birth again, she knew spring was here.

Anyway, from birth it will be about 2 weeks before you can do anything. Mommy dearest will take care of everything, and I never noticed mine care much for feeding during this period. 5-7 days after birth they will molt to 2i and they will look like tiny little miniature 1/2' jacksonis. A few days after this they will start coming down from mother and roaming around. This is the point where you can start feeding them 1/4" crickets/roaches, and don't worry about tearing of legs or crunching heads, the little jacksonis are fierce predators. This is also the point where I remove the mother and leave the young together for the first month or so while I get them fed, then separate or not or whatever you wanna do with them at this point, I raise mine all together but I do have a couple losses here and there. Survival of the fittest I say.

Here is a mother (mine) with 2i young that are eating and ready to be separated

Last edited:

MiPHISTo

Arachnopeon
I don't think the original poster will reply to this because.. "Started by Malcara‎, 06-08-2008 03:17 PM"

snippy

Arachnobaron
Haha, damn. I did not see that somebody dug out a grave there.

Regards
Finn

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well this being dug out, I'll take this opportunity to congratulate Finn for his well written and informative care sheet, I didn't know it was by someone on these boards! :)

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, nice work Finn!!! Your site is easily one of my favorites!

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Great site Finn. I will be picking up
1 adult female Centruroides guanensis(gravid)
2 Centruroides gracilis(2nd instar and 4th instar)
1 3rd instar Babycurus jacksoni
1 4th instar Rhopalurus junceus and 4th instar Grosphus grandidieri.

I'm very excited :) I look forward to observing them when given the chance.