who keeps centipede poll

who keeps centipedes

• Total voters

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
currently I only have one pede. I dont know much about them..but I think there awesome and creepy as hell all at the same time.

I currently only have(and I hope I do the name right)

S. angulata or is it A. angulata?

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At present:
3 Scolopendra hardwickei
1 Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans
4 Scolopendra "tiger legs"

Update:
3 Scolopendra hardwickei
1 Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans
4 Scolopendra "tiger legs"
4 Scolopendra subspinipes dehaani "HK"
1 Ethmostigmus trigonopodus
1 Scolopendra alternans "haiti"

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
one Hemiscolopendra marginata

2 more coming polymorpha and some kind of Haiti giant

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
1 2'' un-identified african pede.
15 E.trigs. I'll get to that breeding project someday...

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@theeternal:

If you really will do a research project, you should know, that the genus Trachycormocephalus isn`t existing any more but synomized to Scolopendra some years ago....

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@Codikrr

that is S. angulat angulata.

I've less pedes than I really want...

9 S. cingulata.

In the past... about 10 different sp. and ssp more.
Cheers
Carles

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have not made the leap... Midwest house centipedes make this 220lb 36 year old man turn into a 3rd grade girl!

Now Scolopendra pedes have been catching my curiousity.

Not sure if I'm ready for the leap... But I have over 100T's in my collection. my only issue... I don't get bored with Tarantulas, but I had a couple scorpions and was bored to tears! Wondering if pedes will be the same.

Joe - CAK

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have not made the leap... Midwest house centipedes make this 220lb 36 year old man turn into a 3rd grade girl!

Now Scolopendra pedes have been catching my curiousity.

Not sure if I'm ready for the leap... But I have over 100T's in my collection. my only issue... I don't get bored with Tarantulas, but I had a couple scorpions and was bored to tears! Wondering if pedes will be the same.

Joe - CAK
I'm loving my scorp! Honestly Sr.Pinch has been more entertaining than my T's lately, but I think he's just a particularly hateful P.cavimanus.
Hey, if you get a centipede, and don't like it, you can send it to me!
(Actually don't. Wife said "no centipedes until we have a house/apartment big enough where I don't have to be in the same room as them.")

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm loving my scorp! Honestly Sr.Pinch has been more entertaining than my T's lately, but I think he's just a particularly hateful P.cavimanus.
Hey, if you get a centipede, and don't like it, you can send it to me!
(Actually don't. Wife said "no centipedes until we have a house/apartment big enough where I don't have to be in the same room as them.")
I had a couple of emperor scorps and they burrow and dissappear. I watched a centipede molting video in timelapse and it was absolutely unreal. :)

I am trying to search for something for newbie pede owners and there just isn't much. I see lots of New Pede threads, but nothing really has much for substance. I'll dig some more tonight.

joe

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Only two everyday stone centipedes for now. Practice for the big boys.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking for S. heros ssp :p
I'm not pretend to be "the finger that allways point", but S. heros is considered now a sp. without ssp.
What we say, castaneiceps, heros heros or heros arizonensis are just colour varietys of the S. heros.

Anything more.

Cheers
Carles

Have a good Xmas

Clint.atrox

Arachnopeon
I'm not pretend to be "the finger that allways point", but S. heros is considered now a sp. without ssp.
What we say, castaneiceps, heros heros or heros arizonensis are just colour varietys of the S. heros.

Anything more.

Cheers
Carles

Have a good Xmas
Hi thats very interesting. Where did you get that information? Was it just word of mouth or was it in a scientific study?

Thx,
Clint

heros420

Arachnopeon
I have 2x blue S. polymorpha
1x S. heros castaneiceps
1x S. heros arizonensis
1x hardwickei
2x S. sp (white legs)