Little sister holding Tegenaria gigantea [video]

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, that's a big spider to just be running around in someones house. I didn't realize they got that big. Cool!

It's refreshing to see a young girl so fearless of a big, ugly spider like that. I think some people are more skittish around large true spiders than tarantulas because they're not fuzzy and cute.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That's awesome. I gotta go out and find another one of these come springtime.

Wow, that's a big spider to just be running around in someones house. I didn't realize they got that big. Cool!

It's refreshing to see a young girl so fearless of a big, ugly spider like that. I think some people are more skittish around large true spiders than tarantulas because they're not fuzzy and cute.
Whoa hold on a minute.... Whaddaya mean ugly?!;P

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow! Love it! Thats why they call em giant house spiders! :clap:

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, I'm glad you guys liked the video! I honestly think these spiders are really pretty, even though they don't really have an exuberant color range. The earthy tones of brown look handsome on them.

Hopefully I get fruit flies soon, I'm going to be raising at least 30 of her babies, assuming they don't eat one another before I get any.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, I'm glad you guys liked the video! I honestly think these spiders are really pretty, even though they don't really have an exuberant color range. The earthy tones of brown look handsome on them.

Hopefully I get fruit flies soon, I'm going to be raising at least 30 of her babies, assuming they don't eat one another before I get any.
Dont rely on small prey ...esp fflies(not a very good growth food anyway) ...rather try chopping crix/roach/or other up a bit and place the parts in with the slings. They will find the food. Also, for small live/catchable prey find some tiny isopods, earwigs etc ...if its possible (prob too cold ? ).

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dont rely on small prey ...esp fflies(not a very good growth food anyway) ...rather try chopping crix/roach/or other up a bit and place the parts in with the slings. They will find the food. Also, for small live/catchable prey find some tiny isopods, earwigs etc ...if its possible (prob too cold ? ).
Yikes, that sounds pretty nasty, but I'll try it. D:

I have been looking around outside for some buggies, but theres not a whole lot out there. I'll scavange what I can though! Thanks for the tips!:D