New T and webbing

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep sounds like a mm making a sperm web, and loading his embloli. Does he have little hooks halfway down his first set of legs, and the tips of his pedipalps are bulbous and look like boxing gloves?

gashadokuro

Arachnopeon
I think your right. I had checked its shell when it molted and found out it was a male. I was just thinking he was trying to molt again. Roughly how long would I have to find him a mate for them to do their stuff?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well G. rosea males are known to live a long time after maturing. I would say no more than 2 years. But by then he may not have it in him. Good luck.

gashadokuro

Arachnopeon
Oh yeah I know they live about a year or so after maturing, what I meant is right now that he made the web and stored sperm would he have to (for example) use it within a week and then if not he makes more? Or is it permanently stored until he calls it quits?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As far as i know, it wont go bad. He will be able to store it indefinitely.

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
find yourself a gravid female and put on some marvin gaye! :p hahah i remember being shocked when my first T (a "she", i believed) built her/his first sperm web...but he lived a couple more years after that.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
find yourself a gravid female and put on some marvin gaye!
A gravid female would already be 'with eggs' so a MM is not needed. Replace that with 'sexually mature female' and you're absolutely right, that is the way to go.

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
A gravid female would already be 'with eggs' so a MM is not needed. Replace that with 'sexually mature female' and you're absolutely right, that is the way to go.
hahaha my bad, haven't bred any yet. that clarifies a lot right there!

Skeri

Arachnosquire
I was 14 or 15 when I first brought home my G. rosea. When I first got her she loved to eat and started putting down web immediately. Then over time it seemed like she was moody. There were times when I owned her that she would eat every feeding, and then she wouldn't eat for a month or two. She had alot of character and seemed to have an ever changing personality.

She was a confirmed female. It just so happens the first T I ever bought I bought it gravid unknowingly. At the time I had no knowledge to T breeding or egg/sling care, so I wanted to take the tank and sac to the store where I had bought it. At the time (he unfortunately no longer works there :/) there was a hobbyist who worked at the local pet store who I knew would take the eggs and properly care for them. Unfortunately my mother was very stubborn and decided to take all the webbing and sac out of the cage and flush it down the toilet. :(