Remember this guy?

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats a false statment right there. I invented T's! ;P
Oh! My B man.

This is probably overly-asked... but does anyone with Theraphosas think they might get a recored holder? Or is it so unlikely that nobody even thinks about it? And does anything make them get larger (feeding.. temp.. humidity.. etc...) or is it just random?

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a pretty definitive post from Tom:
I've posted this somewhere else before but I'll repeat it for the sake of this thread. I have 2 adult female "blondi" That have always looked a little different from each other.

Female # 1 , was a WC Adult import in 2006. This spider to me resembles The spider coming from Guyana often labeled as "sp. Burgundy". It seems that most of the T. blondi that we see latley look like this. It has a clean look , notice there is no long hair on the patella. This female is fresh molted in this pic.

( more sp. " burgundy" click & click.)

Female # 2 , was a WC adult import from 2002. This spider has a much "fuzzier" look, with long hairs on the patella. This spider was also fresh molted in this pic.

(more "fuzzy" blondi click and click .)

Here is what the offspring from female 2 looked like....

The hair on the patella has ben consistant since I got them, evan before and after a molt.

What does this mean...well, nothing actually haha. With out knowledge of the spiders background, not knowing what color there feet were, it dosent really matter. I'm simply showing that there are differances in adult T. blondi (other than color) that have ben imported over the years. Are they different sp. or just geographical variants of the same sp. ? I dont know. A larger sample with accurate collection data would be needed see if it ment anything. Either way I would label them different. They look like different spiders to me, anybody disagree ?

In a discussion with Martin (tarcan) , he mentioned that all the T. blondi he photographed in French Guiana had the long hair on the patella. Again , Im not claiming I know what is what, just find it interesting, as I love the big brown spiders:)

As for T. apophysis, I often hear people say the females are impossable to tell apart from T. blondi (or what ever they are). I must omit, once you've seen a T. apophysis in person, the differances are obvious.

Hope you all enjoyed my long post that solved nothing haha.
Peace-TP
Now which do you think yours most closely resembles?

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think so. I was following the thread and don't remember seeing it there originally. And wouldn't there be a note that he edited his original post? That's just strange.
Oh he said it. He said he shocks the elderly with a cattle prod on occasion too.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This entire thread just confuses me..

Your uncle invented T's? They're not powerpuff girls, you know..

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This entire thread just confuses me..

Your uncle invented T's? They're not powerpuff girls, you know..
lol, powerpuff girls. in case you are being serious abra (as opposed to sarcastic, which is where this entire thread is going) he's being sassy 'cos he didn't get the blondi he wanted, at least from what i'm seing others ID his T as.

wasn't somebody saying there's other stuff other than the patella hair to tell them apart in another thread a few days ago? i'm going to go look to be sure.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
lol, powerpuff girls. in case you are being serious abra (as opposed to sarcastic, which is where this entire thread is going) he's being sassy 'cos he didn't get the blondi he wanted, at least from what i'm seing others ID his T as.
But why fake a quote? I'm with "Booberella" .. I feel like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But why fake a quote? I'm with "Booberella" .. I feel like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone.
oh no, i'm not defending, if anything i agree (hence me pointing out right after joe :) ). i wish i had clarifications for you and abra, but i've been in and out of this thread too much. as to the OP, i believe other determining factors of "sp. burgundy" vs. blondi were discussed here

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=185237

or it might have been here:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=169928

sorry, ace_man. i can't pinpoint exactly where, those threads makes my brain hurt.:wall::wall::wall:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I get his being sassy(or just plain moronic, you're choice..), but why the ruddy poop would he start inventing quotes, and slam out idiocy? It doesn't make his spider any more of a blondi, and it certainly aint benefiting him in any thinkable way.. I'm just stuck with the impression of a toddler stomping his feet because he can't have cookies for dinner.

Oh, and robot, I get exactly what you're saying=p

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think so. I was following the thread and don't remember seeing it there originally. And wouldn't there be a note that he edited his original post? That's just strange.
No the OP made that quote up because he is having a tantrum over being confronted for being rude:)

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't enjoy being poked with a cattle prod too much.. Now, this makes an array of comments come to mind, but I'm gonna keep quiet about what I do and don't enjoy being poked by =p

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't enjoy being poked with a cattle prod too much.. Now, this makes an array of comments come to mind, but I'm gonna keep quiet about what I do and don't enjoy being poked by =p
Good idea. :}