P.Regalis Help!!!!!!

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a MM regalis that is just about 7" big good looking boy that i had since he was a 1" sling ...Now i just got 2 sexed "male&female" regalis from a friend of mine . who had got them from PAUL.Becker as slings .there about about 41/2" to 5" now and the MALE just matured !!! hes 5" at most very small compared to my MONSTER 7" regalis !! but also this lil one looks very much like a striata MM not a regalis very dark grey more greenish with dark purple highlights .. wich look nothing like my MM regalis ..
Now the female alone seems very differant also .. looks very lighter and pale with like TAN & Purple Shading .. not very regalis looking to my understanding ..
im going to take some pix and put them up .. please inform me with any insight :)

Assassin

Arachnosquire
kinda looks like a regalis / ornata hybrid ? something of an ornata i'm sure :)

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
kinda looks like a regalis / ornata hybrid ? something of an ornata i'm sure :)
um, lets not just jump right to conclusions this is a hybrid. we dont want to totally muddle the thread before it gets any real answers.

My question is which of the T's is pictured...and if its ur male then are u sure its a male? i snagged these photos from a google search, this is what a mature male regalis SHOULD look like.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...ula/OW/Poecilotheria_regalis_mat_male_01B.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2440078928_d2c8a2a226.jpg?v=0

Also 5" is a normal mature size for males of this species so once again are u sure its a 7" male? please get more pictures of all three T's for comparison, and also get some ventral shots for proper sexing/identification. P. regalis is the only pokie with a cream band on the underside of the abdomen. please do not consider this a hybrid until we get some more info on it and can help with identifying it.

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Main thing throwing me off is the lack of a inner dorsal stripe. My MM regalis has one.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Main thing throwing me off is the lack of a inner dorsal stripe. My MM regalis has one.
that picture is not of a mature male...that i am almost 100% certain of. i have seen many of mature male pokies since i started this hobby and they NEVER look like that...none of them. most males at maturity turn brown, gray, mostly drab with slight hints of purples blues or greens. Also their chelicerae are very skinny and elongated. none of which u see from the pictured Poecilotheria.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that picture is not of a mature male...that i am almost 100% certain of. I have seen many of mature male pokies since i started this hobby and they never look like that...none of them. Most males at maturity turn brown, gray, mostly drab with slight hints of purples blues or greens. Also their chelicerae are very skinny and elongated. None of which u see from the pictured poecilotheria.
DITTO!!! I just had my female munch my male, and my male was almost devoid of color, was long, spindly, and rather bland looking.

PIG-

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
form the stripe and size i'd say the both look female up there?! (just my 2 c)

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks exactly like my female P. pederseni a few days before her molt. Well, a lot skinnier version of her anyways.

However, I cant be entirely certain that my P. pederseni is what the store said she is, because she and 6 others were purchased at two diferent LPS'. She is the only surviving member of the community, as my roomate neglected to feed them for a month while I was gone.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Id say if your big 7" regalis is a fresh one (having molted less than 6 months ago) and your 5" MM starts spinning sperm webs then go ahead and give breeding a shot...if ur interested in such a thing. BUT make sure they both have a cream band on the underside of their abdomen, you dont wanna be trying to make an accidental hybrid. if youre not comfortable with the idea of breeding or dont know anything about it then i would say either dont do it at all or find someone you SERIOUSLY trust and send them both T's so they can breed it, then send u back the female and a few babies as a keep sake lol.

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mm n female "regalis" ?

that picture is not of a mature male...that i am almost 100% certain of. i have seen many of mature male pokies since i started this hobby and they NEVER look like that...none of them. most males at maturity turn brown, gray, mostly drab with slight hints of purples blues or greens. Also their chelicerae are very skinny and elongated. none of which u see from the pictured Poecilotheria.

YEA IM SORRY .... I WAS LOOKING FOR MY CAMERA RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THAT, TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE 2 MM MALES I HAVE BUT I STILL CANT FIND MY CAMERA :mad: THE PICTURES I PUT UP WHERE OF THE FAMALE "REGALIS" THAT I GOT FROM MY BUDDY WITH THE Male "AS PAIR REGALIS" I WAS TALKING ABOUT .. THE P.REGALIS 7" BOY I RAISED IS 100% P.REGALIS MM ... ITS THAT FEMALE PIC THATS MY QUASTION AND THE OTHER MM WITCH BOTH DONT LOOK REGALIS TO ME .. IM A TRY N POST SOME PIX WITH MY CELL PHONE

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you guys !!!!!

IM SORRY I GOT TO REPLY SO LATE PEOPLE .. IM GOING TO TRY AND POST SOME PIX OF THE MM WITH MY CELL .. BEING THAT I LOST MY HD CAMERA :mad:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Woah caps, stop yelling! lol

He said in the OP those were female guys.

My first thought when i saw the pics was, "that looks like an ornata".

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
THESE WERE SOLD 2 ME AS "REGALIS" Pair

FEMALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MATURE !! MALE MALE MALE MALE

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol lol lol

woah caps, stop yelling! Lol

he said in the op those were female guys.

My first thought when i saw the pics was, "that looks like an ornata".

well im deff not yelling lol .. I always keep caps on .. Lol

WIZZYBEATZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So regalis or ??????

And thanks again everyone ...
So tell me people if you think eather of the sold pair male or female are a p.regalis or not ???????