Most interesting name

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So to keep this on topic what is the most unique name you have ever given a scorpion? Since i messed up and posted this on the wrong section.

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
uh same here I posted this by accident and edited it to fit this section.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a Heterometrus petersii that just birthed 50 young a friend said I must name them all, so I named them Heterometrus#1, Heterometrus#2, Heterometrus#3... other than that no names. I had a cat that I named "Nameless" so when someone would ask her name I could say she is nameless. I really don't like naming things...

marcelo_987

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I speak to my girlfriend about scorpions she can't remember the latin names so we came up with names for the a few species.

C. gracilis- Colins
P. imperators- Freds
V. spinigerus- Scurries
C. hentzi- Jaspers
P. cavimanus- Bruce
H. spinifer- April

HufnPuf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my Imperator is named "Negrodon" cuz he's big, black and prehistoric. :)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

i named my first scorpions :p

p.imp 1 : Diablo
2: Nero
3: Caesar
typical roman names eh? :p

Euscorpius pair: pete and blimp

and some more ;)

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I get one, I'll name my H.spinifer "Black Maria" for all us Todd Rundgren fans out there. ~ Rex

Last edited:

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first scoprion's name is "The great Kathunga"

and I have one 3rd instar P.Transvaalicus who is always running about when I feed it, and charging my hand against the side of his bottle, so one day I decided he was "professor Satan."

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the deals i have with my wife is: i can have as many scorps as i want, but she gets to name them.

Some names she has chosen are....

Succubus Jones for a female P imp.

Kitty, again, for a female P imp.

Pimp daddy for a male H trog ( makes sense when you know his hide is made from marble flooring tile slabs)

Piglet Winnifred the 4th for a B jacksoni

Hollywood for a male C vittattus ( he was the only one who would stay still for photos)

that's all i can remember right now, but i know she has named every single invert that has come into the house except for a couple of my T's and my S maurus ( I named him Tank)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As soon as I name something it dies, so i avoid giving names "Specimen #1-150" works well enough i suppose ...