Lost my new Avic.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I had to put down my brand new baby Avic avic today, it tried to molt rightside up in a tight part of it's web and came out a twisted mess. I had to free all of it's front legs from the molt but it was messed up so bad that it couldn't even walk. I just got it Saturday and I don't think it had time to construct a adiquate web to molt in....I don't think I'm gonna get anymore arboreals for awhile. :(

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Aw Exo :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww shucks :( I'm so sorry to hear that..

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't give up, arboreal species are some of the coolest out there. You may be right about the lack of webbing, that is one of my suspicions about avic deaths, but in this case, you couldn't help it. Saturday to Tuesday wouldn't be enough time IMO.
Chin up, try again, and I'm sure that next time will go better. Sorry for the loss!

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That really sucks, i've got a baby A.Avic and i'd hate to lose mine. It hasn't molted yet since i've had it and it is only 1/2 inch. I'm hoping for the best..

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear. I don't think anyone imagines losing their tarantulas young. :(

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about that but don't give up on arboreals because there are so many great ones out there! Maybe just move to other ones before making your way back to avics.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't give up, arboreal species are some of the coolest out there. You may be right about the lack of webbing, that is one of my suspicions about avic deaths, but in this case, you couldn't help it. Saturday to Tuesday wouldn't be enough time IMO.
Chin up, try again, and I'm sure that next time will go better. Sorry for the loss!
Yeah, he didn't have time to make an area roomy enough to molt in, so he ended up molting in a tight "starter tube" kind of web. He had a better web in his vial but his previous owner left his last molt in there and I had assumed that he must have molted recently. If only I had known....

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about that but don't give up on arboreals because there are so many great ones out there! Maybe just move to other ones before making your way back to avics.
I have a 2in versi that I raised from a baby that I absolutely love, but if I get another arboreal I'll probably get a P.irminia.