My new tattoo design

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The first week of the new year will be my next sitting. I needed to wait until the holiday madness and spending is over afterall. :p

-Beat you to it hexd. ;)

Last edited:

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like the bee better before the yellow was added.
I agree. Sometimes less is more. However, the complete picture is going to rock and I bet the added bee color will really pop then. I love this thread. Can't wait for updates! :D

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update from two days ago. I will be getting more done on the 17th. Likely finishing the beehive completely with honey and whatnot.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got the honey worked on yesterday. Next up is the desert most likely.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
that is one of the, if not the, best invert Tat I have ever seen.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah...your tattoo artist is great. I'm extremely jealous.

Not sure I want to know how much it's hurting your pocketbook though...

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah...your tattoo artist is great. I'm extremely jealous.

Not sure I want to know how much it's hurting your pocketbook though...
It's not cheap but I've saved the money for a while just for this tattoo. If it was hurting my bills or putting me in debt I wouldn't have done it. I do my best to only buy what I can pay for up front, I have no debt other than my house and wife's car. I've sat for 6 sittings, about two hours each at around 140-180 per session, you guys can figure the math from there.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Impressed with how vivid the colors on the honey are. I would have to agree that your tat artist has a good eye and touch. One of the very few for whom the appellation "artist" is actually applicable.

Justblayzee

Arachnosquire
Starting off from seeing the outline to the detailed colors & graphic it's a really nice piece! What else do you plan on adding to it?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's not cheap but I've saved the money for a while just for this tattoo. If it was hurting my bills or putting me in debt I wouldn't have done it. I do my best to only buy what I can pay for up front, I have no debt other than my house and wife's car. I've sat for 6 sittings, about two hours each at around 140-180 per session, you guys can figure the math from there.
I didn't mean to imply that I felt you shouldn't be spending the money on the tattoo; if that is how you took it, I apologize. All I meant to do was comment on it most likely costing a lot of money, not whether it was affordable to you or not. I am certainly not one to judge how others spend their money, especially when they are people I don't even know. :)

I have been wanting to get an invertebrate tattoo for a while now, but I'm extremely picky regarding how the piece would look. I've seen some really terrible tattoos (most on this site, and most of the people 'showing them off' have no clue that they are terrible :}) and it has really made me think twice about it.

Now that I'm back on track financially, I might start saving up and get with you later on to get your tattoo guy's info. I'm extremely impressed with the work he's done on you so far and would love to see some of his other work, if possible.

Please continue posting pics as you complete sessions. You've done a great job so far and I enjoy watching this piece develop.

--Joe

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Very nice work. The line work is phenomenal, very clean and crisp. The shading and color is blended nicely as well. Lovely piece of art you've got going on there.

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry I didn't take offense to the comments, I just felt like explaining my situation. A lot of people get work done when they really can't afford it; I like to illustrate living within ones means as the best way to do it. I'm glad to see you've waited for the stability and right artist to get work done with. A lot of people get too excited about tattoos and make poor choices on the artist and the design. To each their own I suppose. :)

You can google his name, it's Kyle Blackledge, he is both a painter and a tattooist. It seems like an awfully long way to go for a tattoo but then again...these do tend to be permanent. Heh.

Exoschel69

Arachnopeon
oh my! this tattoo is amazing! im getting an emperor scorp tattooed on my leg soon... maybe you could send the guy/girl that did yours out to me? im cheap so im sticking with flat rate shipping. how much is shipping on a human being? will it die before it gets to me?