Help

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for double threads, but I'm a bit concerned, and not sure what to do. I just got a tailless whip scorpion today, and its "belly" is red and swollen. If anyone could tell me what wrong with it it would be very appreciated.

I really hope its not dying.:confused:

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Know zip about them mate but it don't look good,
I may be tempted for the freezer.
Wait and and see though......

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought it from a pet store today, so I will be getting my money back. I'm pretty pissed I have been wanting one for a long time. Its in a $70 exo-terra terrarium with a 30 dollar fake bell for a hide. I do a lot of business with the pet store, and it pisses me off to think they would sell me something dying.:mad:

I really hope its not, but this is my first one and I have never seen this or heard of it from anyone i talked with.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
absolutely nothing is wrong with 'her' that smooth shiny spot has a lotta eggs under it.

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That a relief sorta. I didn't think she was even big enough to have babies yet. That guy was pretty rough when he handled her at the store i hope he didnt damage anything:wall:

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
absolutely nothing is wrong with 'her' that smooth shiny spot has a lotta eggs under it.
i was wondering about that, apple. i saw that earlier but don't have a lot of experience, so i didn't say anything. you might have yourself some babies soon if that's what it turns out to be!!

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
She is just fine...just leave her alone in a well secluded aquarium or one with a lott hide spots and you will be a grand parent:)
feed her crix half the size of her abdomen right now.

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if anyone knows how long it takes for the eggs to hatch, how long to first molt, and how many babies they have. It would be really helpful.