Gave in to temptation! First T!

Porp

Arachnosquire
We welcomed little Nikita into our home this afternoon. She is a 2" female B. smithi. I'm so excited as are my kids, and my wife is even OK with it and actually admiring her.

photo.jpg photo6.jpg

Attachments

THECHAD

Arachnopeon
Good. Looking little girl there and welcome to your next addiction lol

tpduckwa

Arachnopeon
Beautiful smithi! Welcome to the hobby! I have some G. pulchripes (chaco) slings from the same egg sac as yours :) They are all doing very well, eating like champs. I'm sure you will be happy with them!!

Porp

Arachnosquire
Beautiful smithi! Welcome to the hobby! I have some G. pulchripes (chaco) slings from the same egg sac as yours :) They are all doing very well, eating like champs. I'm sure you will be happy with them!!
Thanks! What are you feeding them? Pinheads?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'll give the OP at MAXIMUM 2 weeks before he will decide to get more :D:D:D

Porp

Arachnosquire
I'll give the OP at MAXIMUM 2 weeks before he will decide to get more :D:D:D
Correct. Actually, I placed an order for 2 G pulchripes before I picked this one up at the LPS, so come Tuesday I will already be up to 3. Lol.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Correct. Actually, I placed an order for 2 G pulchripes before I picked this one up at the LPS, so come Tuesday I will already be up to 3. Lol.
Guess I won then. Don't worry. Any limit you set yourself, will easily be overwritten when you see a nice specimen :)

I am at 12 now...within a month, lol. And more are being considered and looked for...enjoy the hobby, it's great! And something out of the ordinary, too. :)

TZach

Arachnosquire
Gosh do I know this story, right now I have T FEVER man, and there's no antidote. I purchased an avic avic a month ago and I'm expecting a b smithi and a g pulchripes.

tpduckwa

Arachnopeon
Thanks! What are you feeding them? Pinheads?
The crickets I've been feeding are a little bigger than pinheads, and the slings have no trouble taking them down. I work for a (large chain) pet store and I simply pick out the smaller specimens from our "small cricket" bin.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gosh do I know this story, right now I have T FEVER man, and there's no antidote. I purchased an avic avic a month ago and I'm expecting a b smithi and a g pulchripes.
Good choices, though! Have those too, except my Avic is a metallica :) I really love all of them.

Porp

Arachnosquire
How old do you suppose a 2" Female B. smithi would be?

TZach

Arachnosquire
Probably 2-3 years old, but that's just a rough guess Cool T by the way, im expecting a b smithi and a g pulchripes Monday hope your ready, your addiction will only get worse, I've learned this

Porp

Arachnosquire
Probably 2-3 years old, but that's just a rough guess Cool T by the way, im expecting a b smithi and a g pulchripes Monday hope your ready, your addiction will only get worse, I've learned this
Here's a picture, I'd be intersted to know how old she is, I've heard they are slow growers.

size.jpg

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really pretty :D I had the same thing happen a couple months ago. I had 3 tarantulas and I wasn't allowed to have any more. I go into the store with my mom to get a plant and come home with a baby smithi! My mom talked me into it LOL