Dr Acula's Photos

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New addition! .75" Avicularia versicolor :D This one's a trooper. Bad molt in transit so she has a small deformed leg IV (right). Doesn't stop her from running around and jumping all over the place {D

N chromatus hooked out 2 days ago, that black carapace is too cool

A little P metallica handling. Docile but still fast as lightening!

Last edited:

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ultra nice collection you have and very nice quality pics. May I ask what is your camera setup??

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Olympus PEN E-PL1. I use the built in flash and the lens that came with it, nothin extra :)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I took this really amazing shot of my H maculata and wanted to show it to you guys :D no editing, straight from the SD card!

This is a zoomed out view of her in the same spot of the new enclosure I recently posted.

Also, new addition! Psalmopoeus irminia, stridulates like crazy! :mask:

Last but not least, some pics including my MM Obt's first impressive threat posture, MM N. chromatus in Poeci stance (stretching after the big molt), and a close up of my little P. striata juvi :)

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like Roosevelt, I've always wanted one of those. Awesome collection and photos

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really like Roosevelt, I've always wanted one of those. Awesome collection and photos
He's one of my favorites! Will eventually get a female for him, love this species too much not too try and breed them.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm really loving that H. mac shot.
POST MORE!
Thank you! I'm actually going to be printing it out as a poster to hang on my wall. I'm expecting my P. metallica to molt soon so more pics coming once that happens!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well well well, I've got a bunch of catching up to do!

Inspired by Grin's colorful photos, I messed around with my contrast filter.

My favorite one {D

A couple new molts!

Charlie Sheen (P. striata) has passed up Roosevelt (P. bara)!

My P. metallica is getting some color on her! And a very hopeful ventral shot :D

Last but not least, B. boehmei stretching those limbs out :D

Thank you to everyone who's ever viewed/commented on this thread!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful work here! You get such wonderful poses from your Ts, wish I knew your secret!
I really love that first H. mac shot, very masterful. :D

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful work here! You get such wonderful poses from your Ts, wish I knew your secret!
I really love that first H. mac shot, very masterful. :D
At the right place at the right time I suppose {D
I can't wait till she's full grown, that powdery white is stunning. Thank you! That means a lot coming from you :D I always show people your thread cause of the awesome colors and high detail all your photos have so thank you for the recognition :worship: !

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At the right place at the right time I suppose {D
I can't wait till she's full grown, that powdery white is stunning. Thank you! That means a lot coming from you :D I always show people your thread cause of the awesome colors and high detail all your photos have so thank you for the recognition :worship: !
Thank you!! :D Very kind of you!

Yeah, I just LOVE H. macs ... finally found a couple females a few months ago. :)

(Oh, I guess you can tell that from my avatar photo. {D)

Last edited:

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you!! :D Very kind of you!

Yeah, I just LOVE H. macs ... finally found a couple females a few months ago. :)

(Oh, I guess you can tell that from my avatar photo. {D)
I'll have to find the opposite once mine is big enough :D

even as a thumbnail, yours is still very astounding! Good luck with breeding those white lightening fireballs!
Funny, my avatar on another forum is the picture of my H mac {D

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll have to find the opposite once mine is big enough :D
even as a thumbnail, yours is still very astounding! Good luck with breeding those white lightening fireballs!
Thank you! Sadly, she ate her sac the day after dropping it, but it may be a double-clutch I've got.

Funny, my avatar on another forum is the picture of my H mac {D
HA! Very good! :D I have to say, my love of these took me a little by surprise ... growing stronger once I actually had lovely adult females of my own. ;)