Some Jumper eggs fell out of the sac...what do I do?

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got up close to them ( they are currently on my desk :p ) and I think I see little legs developed, but it seems they have been out of the sac for a little while ( less than a day for sure, since I just checked the sac this morning and I didnt see them out)

I would rather try and save them, so is there any way I can incubate them myself? And how to do it without drying them out? They are so small!

I'm not exactly sure how they ended up tumbling out (only about 13 fell, the rest seem snug in the sac) but it worries me! And is there any particular explanation for why one spiders sac develops in 16 days, while this one is taking nearly 3 weeks? I figure three weeks is more in the normal range haha. Both females cages and sacs are located in the same area on a table, same temepratures/lighting etc.

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I figured I'd post an update and state what I'm doing right now. A lot of the eggs fell out, I think a cricket I had put in there for the mom managed to tear a hole in it, so they were tumbling out. I removed the egg sac, collected the eggs and the rest of the sac and made a makeshift eggsac. The bottom is some tissue paper ( not like toilet paper, that stuff is too hairy) and I didn't want it to be too absorbant so I put it on that tissue like paper. I made a little disk bowl out of the paper and put the eggs in the remaining eggsac in the center, then put the rogue eggs in the bowl inside the sac, then covered it with the original outer eggsac silk by stretching it out over the edge of my paper bowl and anchoring it there. Then I got some moist cotton balls and stuck them in one end of a plastic box tube and put the eggsac on the other end. I closed the container ( It's a container where you can slide one end into the other to make it smaller or longer depending on how far you push it) I put that container in an area where it's a bit warmer than the room temperature to make sure it was kinda humid to get moisture inside the box so they wouldn't dry out.

I was worried they were going to die the first two days I had them in this set up, but it looks like they are growing, about 10 minutes ago I checked on them and it looks like they broke the egg shell...material and are beginning to look like they are developing. This morning they looked like eggs ( ballish with hints of legs, butt and head) but now they kinda look like facehuggers.. I'm not sure what dried out eggs with legs look like, but I'm assuming they wouldn't look shiny if they were dried and dead. Thankfully the spiderlings look glossy and roundish. I'm hoping they will keep developing!

I kinda based this on what the tarantula people do with pulled eggsacs...soo...I hope I'm not making a huge mistake.:? If anyone has any experience with this sorta thing with true spider eggs...tips would be very welcome!

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess I'll be updating this thread mostly for others, future reference or something XD

I am very happy to say when I checked my setup, the eggs are definitely developing! Their legs are seperated ( most of them anyways) and I saw one postembryo walking around! I should note I added two more moist cotton balls on the other end of my plastic tube and put the paper and silk egg in the center. It's definitely humid in there, as I saw quite a bit of condensation on the sides and the top of the container slightly warm. ( the box is sitting beneath a heating pad for my crickets) I'll be happy even with one living spider out of this, but I'll be super happy if they all make it. I'm so relieved and excited that it is working. I'll take a picture of what I'm doing tomorrow and add it here, for reference.

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As mentioned, heres a video of what I did and of the little postembryo's!{D

[YOUTUBE]xoGtCYGCrjo[/YOUTUBE]

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What happened with these slings. Did you release them yet.
I can't release them, as they aren't native to my area. These guys are 1st instars now (as of about three days ago) and should be eating sort of soon! They are adorable.

These spiderlings, along with my older batch of 2nd instars...I will be giving them away to anyone here on the boards who lives nearby me and is willing to get them when they are a little bigger.

And I'll be selling them to anyone who wants any.

Scoolman- From this sac, I still haven't been able to count because they are still cuddling inside the silk, but I'm going to guess (based on the other sac) about 100. :D