Introduce Yourself

Lunar Gecko

Arachnopeon
Just got my first Brachypelma smithi yesterday. Very happy.
Looking into getting some emperor scorps from a friend and maybe Gecarcinus quadratus when I get a good set up. Besides that I keep lots of dubias, isopods (orange and common) also 3 tubs of spring tails. Non inverts is mostly geckos and a few cats.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Lunar!Welcome to the forum.
This is Chris (Theraphosidae) from Pangea ;]
-Chris

peterock44

Arachnopeon
howdy everyone,

joined this site a lil while ago and never introduced myself. i've been outa the hobby for a few years but a buddy piqued my interest in it again so im off and running. years ago i kept many t's. mostly they got traded in for snakes or donated to zoo type institutions.

currently i have:
1 P.regalis
1 A.purpurea
1 B.boehmei
1 H.lividum
w/
3 A.versicolors (coming from artin)
1 Tapinauchenius cupreus (coming from ktbg)
2 A.avic (coming from ktbg)

loads of info contained in this site. for all the other new people just sift through the bickering (waaaaay to many threads digress into im right/your wrong threads)to get at the real info.

-peter :razz:

HokiPoeci82191

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone..
Names Matt
I sold all my T,s about 1 1/2 years ago and just started getting back into them.
Right now i currently have:
1 L. violaceopes female... (singapore blue
1 N.chromatus.... Brazilian red and white.
Thats it right now. but have 11 more on the way in about 4 days.

Other critters i have
blackthroat monitor
nile monitor
savannah monitor.
pitbull and a cat.

Im new to this site so if you have a advice or want to get to know me or looking to sell or trade... or even just talk, shoot me an email... lilhen414@aim.com.
Thanks
Matt.

jaE_millz_01

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!!!

hey guys my name is Jon and I recently bought a chilean rose hair tarantula and I would like any advice possible for now. I dont know what sex it is, dont now how to tell either. Also, when the tarantula is grown to a bigger size (its about anywhre between 3-4 inches)..can it eat smaller mice or anything or just stick it to insects? any advice related or non related would be great.

jaE_millz_01

Arachnopeon
hey guys my name is Jon and I recently bought a chilean rose hair tarantula and I would like any advice possible for now. I dont know what sex it is, dont now how to tell either. Also, when the tarantula is grown to a bigger size (its about anywhre between 3-4 inches)..can it eat smaller mice or anything or just stick it to insects? any advice related or non related would be great.

my bad, i meant to say its about 3-4 inches right now. lol

buliwyf

Arachnopeon
hello from denmark

hello im 29 yers male from denmark i took a breake from spiders for 2 yers but now im back
i have the following spiders atm but more will come heeh :D

Lampropelma Nigerrimum 0.0.2

Lampropelma violaceopes 0.0.1

Poecilotheria regalis 0.1.0

regards kim

yassi

Arachnopeon
howdy peoples. My name is matt. I live in Las Vegas. i think tarantulas are cool. Ive had a rose hair for 10 years and recently, after watching Robc (tarantulaguy1976) on youtube, i decided to get a more advanced spider. I am diving into the hobby head first by buying a H mac! watching T's on youtube is how i got here!!

kitsuneboom

Arachnopeon
Sluggy Freelance! Oh, wait...that has nothing to do with slugs really.

Hi all! I'm Boom, from the US. I've just gotten into collecting arthropods and now have six Leopard Slugs. They're plentiful around my house. -_- May as well keep them as pets. I've always been rather into the animals of the squirmy not so very girly type, which is odd, considering that I am a girl. But, I love slugs, they're so cute and seem so smart and beautiful!

About me, and not my slimy friend passion; I'm 21, female and have a deep love for animals and computers. I love making friends, just PM or IM me whenever you choose if you have a decent typing ability :D
Nit-picky I know, but I can't handle text speak in the barest sense even.

Zak_Attack300

Arachnopeon
introducing myself again whats up im Zak :)

now i can post in different threads instead of just the introduction stuff

guitarkyle

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I'm really new to this board and to keeping arachnids as pets. I'm from Staten Island, New York, and pretty young. I'm really interested in keeping a harvestman in captivity, if anyone has any information about that please contact me. I also love to observe smaller, more common true spiders, although I can't identify them and don't know that much about them. I hope to have a fun time on this board :)
-Kyle

TragicCharade

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I've been a lurker without an account for a while ever since I bought my first t a couple years back. Finally got around to actually joining and look foreward to mingling and very possibly asking alot of silly questions haha. I freaked out terribly when Stella decided to molt 'right side up' but she's absolutely fine.

I am 20 years old and slowly working on a degree in entomology, possibly arachnology. I'd love to study in depth the life cycle, behavior, and distribution of the Salticid family some day. For now though I'm just chillin' in my parent's basement LOL :cool:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi!

I'm Stephanie. I live in Nebraska, and I started collecting tarantulas last October. I started with one G. rosea, and found myself addicted. I now have 20 T's, and I love all of the little buggers.

I write, chase tornadoes, and still baby talk my cats no matter who is around.

I have three cats, and two ferrets. I love my little fuzzballs.

I heard of this lovely place from the magical wonder known as Google. Hail Google!:clap:

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
My name is...

Benjamin Jackson and I'm from Kingsport, Tennessee.
I have 11 T's and I've been meaning to join the boards for over a month now, but I just couldn't seem to find the time to. So here I am.
I hope I can find more specific help in taking care of my T's and I can make friends to last a life time.
I enjoy talking about my T's like you wouldn't believe. I have many pending Q's that I need an answer to and I also want to post pics of my total collection and get an outside opinion of which specific species they are.
For instance: I have 3 Guyana Pink Toes (Avicularia Avicularia) and this is my dilemma. One shoots the silk, the other two do not. All three look the same, but all 3 do not have that defensive tactic, this leads me to believe I have two separate species and I do not need to add the third "supposed" Guyana Pink Toe to my enclosure. I have two already in the same enclosure, I have had them together for 2+ weeks. No cannibalism as of yet (YEA!) which makes me very happy. The older, larger T hasn't ate in over 3 weeks, perhaps 5. When I first purchased this T I wasn't keeping logs of what I did on a daily basis when interacting with my T's, that is a different case now.

Also, I'll stop while I'm ahead and jump on the boards. :D

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am Ghostmooner. I am a semi-noob right now, (july 2010).
I love tarantulas, and am starting a small collection.
I have been around and owned tarantulas all my life.
but only 2-3 species untill now. my father, when he use to work for
Becktle back in the day back down in southern CA, would bring home
tarantulas he'd find crossing the road in the fall. and for about 5 years, I owned a rose hair, then it died from a complication in a molt, and for many years after words, nothing. and about last year, I baught myself 2 emporer
scorpions, which I hugely loved. I learned alot about keeping tropical species with them, damp soil, hot climate. I had them in a very large aquarium my mother found at a yardsale, like a 30 galleoner or so. I put in potting soil to about 6" deep, and made this black lava rock cave for them using rocks we have around town. I called the big one Big Chief Thunder Claws, and the smaller one Citizian Snips. the smaller one was much more aggressive and fast moving. I kept a heating pad under the glass where their cave chamber was. they seemed very happy, but one winter night, the pad broke and they froze to death. :*( been a gap for some time since, then around the fall of last year I got Hairy, my 4" female Rose hair. (I suck at names) been keeping her happy and fed since. Now i'm looking to expand and gather a small collection of Ts. 5-6 Ts in all, starting with the most docile and popular of the ground dwelling Ts. I have no interest in the arboreals, or tree twelling Ts, they are too fast and aggressive for my tastes. I want only Ts I can handle with my hands for the time being, despite I even want to collect a T. blondi, yes I know how agressive and quick they can be. I've seen some youtube vids of them. I want one that's about 4-5" in size to start with, and let her grow up from there, being carefull over the years on how I keep her, learning, and wisening. but for now, I want to start simple, docile and cool looking. Chaco Golden knees, Mexican Flame Knees, Red Knees, and Red rumps. and hopefully, if I can find one, a Brazilan black. (pulchra).
I already sent payment to Crows Arachnids for a 5" Chaco Golden knee female. I have alittle around $100 left for another T, if any sellers read this and have anything that i'm looking for, send me a M, and we'll see what we can work out. (July 2010). i'm sure i'll be posting dumb questions and thing all over this site, as I'm new to it. so i'll see u in the forums!

cally

Arachnopeon
Hey I'm Cally... not so new to tarantulas, but new to the concept of dealing with them online. I'm still in high school, and I hope to learn a lot from this forum. :)