Introduce Yourself

PinkToePam

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I'm Pam, 21, living in Madison, WI., and just needed a place to learn more about Tarantulas, as well as to have somewhere to fall back on if I don't know what's going on with one of my tarantulas...I have no IRL friends who know anything about them :(

So, anyway, hello, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from these forums!

Oh, and I loooove looking at Tarantula pictures...I ca never get enough...so I'm excited to see all of your spider pictures :3

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi everyone my name is John and I'm 37. I live in Hawaii and owned alot of wild caught scorpions that I find around. I have three kids now and my son is so into scorpions also, so I'm here to get some info on the types I have here and I also want to own an emperor that my son and I can take care of together. I look forward to making alot of friends here and hopefully someone has a couple baby emperors that I can pick up. :)

atomic

Arachnopeon
Hi

My name is Michael.

I am 38 and have had several t's over the years but would like to advance my hobby into breeding t's.

I look forward to learning from everyone here and hope you will enjoy seeing the results of my advancement.

swalker

Arachnopeon
Texas Brown Tartantula

Hello Everyone,
My name is Suzi and I am the owner of a second texas Brown Tartantula, my first one was a male who evidently mated cause he had the hooks and swollen pedipalps he died a month after I caught him. I just caught this one and unfortunatly after looking at him closely I've found he is yeat another male.:(.
I love this species of spider because they are so docile but have never been able to catch a female.
I have also had a rose haired that I had for five yrs till her cage got knocked off its stand and she died.
I love spiders of all kids but tartantulas are my very favorite.
I also have a hog nose snake and a couple of box turtles and 4 dogs. I am glad I found others like me who like spiders because most of the people I know think I am nuts. Even my poor husband just looks at me and shakes his head. lol
I am trying to get my grandbabies interested in them too but their parents are harder to convince.

TarantulaTeen

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi my name is Chance a.k.a TarantulaTeen.:p Well I was always intrested in bugs but my favorite was the spider. One day when I was 5 in a pet shop i saw a rose hair tarantula and fell in love with tarantula hobby.:eek: Got my first tarantula on my 6th birthday and now I have a obt and chaco golden knee and now trying to get a red cameroon tarantula.{D
Birthday: Feb the 15th
Sport: Football
Thnx for reading this post.
PS: sorry for it being long :p

Roalef33

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. My name is Jake and I have just order my first tarantulas. I have been raising and breeding mantids for about 2 years now and I thought I would give the T hobby a try. If you have an interest in the mantid hobby just send me a PM.
I'm 17 and a junior in high school. I play varsity basketball too.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting new friends and learning a lot. :)

Spider1986

Arachnopeon
Ah sorry, im missed this part,im György Szeri from Hungary (you can call me: Gyuri) im registered here more then 1 year ago, but im just red the forum. Im decided to be the part of that community, so from now i will post too,when i have time :)

bmitchell

Arachnopeon
Hey all, first time, long time.

Finally got back into the hobby after getting sick of having my fish die randomly so I finally pulled the trigger and convinced my wife into letting me have a tarantula again.

Got a beautiful and healthy A. Metallica from a local arachnid/reptile store that's roughly 8 months old judging by size and coloration. I'm 99.99% sure it's a female based on the underside of her carapace and pedipalp structure. She's definitely more interesting the the red knee I had when I was younger.

Anyway, look for me lurking on the boards, look forward to getting to know you all.

ssssinful

Arachnopeon
Online introductions are awkward for me. So many witty and verbose folks out there. I am not really either of those. I suppose you could call me a pseudo lurker of sorts?

My name is Carrie. I purchased my first T a few days ago. G. Rosea sling. I set up a small display container where my sling now resides. While I was at it, I purchased a 2nd bigger display container to move the sling up to as it grows (which I understand is very slow.)

I already have the bug for another T. The next one will be a GBB.

I am excited to be apart of this community and look forward to getting to know more T affectionados.

Urban_M86

Arachnopeon
Online introductions are awkward for me. So many witty and verbose folks out there. I am not really either of those. I suppose you could call me a pseudo lurker of sorts?

My name is Carrie. I purchased my first T a few days ago. G. Rosea sling. I set up a small display container where my sling now resides. While I was at it, I purchased a 2nd bigger display container to move the sling up to as it grows (which I understand is very slow.)

I already have the bug for another T. The next one will be a GBB.

I am excited to be apart of this community and look forward to getting to know more T affectionados.
hi ssssinful did you got it at the expo? nice to see you here!!!!

Megan 03

Arachnopeon
Hello

I am a 26 year ould female from Whitehorse, Yukon. I am impatiently waiting the arival of my very own T. My boyfriend (whom I live with) has two in care for friends at our house and this is the first experiance with T's. I have been completly facinated by the T's in our house. I was super excited to set up the terrarium for one as it moved to a larger cage, I also got to see the rose hair molt and that was super cool, I didnt even know they did that, haha. I cannot wait for my pink toe to arrive with my bf's experience, my enthusiasum and the tips i continue to find on this site, I am sure my new T will be happy in its new home.

missygee

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I'm Jo from Glasgow in Scotland. Purchased my first chilean rose tarantula today after wanting one since I was in my teens, I'm now 34. Wasn't 'allowed' one previously due to other people freaking out at the idea like my mother and sister when I lived at home and my long-term partner when we lived together. On my ownsome now, so felt it was only fair to finally acquire one :). As much as I am a beginner as such, I've read so much about them over the years and will be researching further to make sure I am doing the right things. Glad to have found this site! Jo x

Upchuk

Arachnopeon
Hey yall. The name is Ryan and im actually slightly arachnophobic. My girl is a T hobbyist and is an active poster here, so i decided to sign up so i can get more info and hopefully understand her hobby a bit more. Its kinda odd that i can watch her T's in the "cages" but if she even trys to take them out, im gone, haha! Im hopng one day i might be able to get over it. yall probably wont see me posting alot, but ill be lurking.

Cheers!

jusgus

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone my name Is Justin I live in Pennsylvania. I am a reptile enthusiast that feel in love with the tarantula hobby. I am still kind of new to tarantulas I currently have a Grammostola rosea and a Lasiodora parahybana so far so good I think they are a blast to keep and I'm itching to learn more. And acquire more lol

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey I'm 26 year old male, always had an interest in exotics. I've had albino and regular burmese, reticulated python, amazon tree boa, carpet python and a red tail boa in the way of legless. I've also had a few lizards, beardeds, water dragons and leopard ghecko's. I built up a nice exo-terra terrarium with live plants with the intent to get a chameleon but they are suppose to be in screen enclosures, little did i know at the time. So the cage sat empty for awhile, and I decided to get a Pink Toe Tarantula.

not sure if its a male or a female, but i really hope its a female, i can't find any spurs on its first set of legs.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Chears all

Hi guys My name is Ben I live in Sooke BC Canada a small town just out side of Victoria. I have 2 tarantulas a goliath bird eater just under 1 year old and a chilean rose around 3 I am told.

jennafuller

Arachnopeon
My name is Jenna (not very creative when picking out my screen name). Anyway, I got my first tarantula in 2006 because my best friend really wanted one, but her mom wouldn't let her get one. We figured we were going to be graduating high school in a couple months and then moving in together in college, so what the heck. I got my rosehair from the petstore; cage and everything for only 20 dollars. I knew nothing about tarantulas and went merrily on my way.

I had that T for 4 years (and I swear, within those 4 years it ate like 3-5 times total). It molted for me once, and then died a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to get another T or not, but if I was I knew what I was looking for (because I knew what I didn't like).

I got my versicolor sling back in July, and the reason I'm here at the boards is because I'm not quite sure if it's a versicolor. I can't get a good picture of it unfortunately, so I can't post anything here for an ID. My goal here is to poke around, and hopefully find out enough about the different species to A.) Know what I want and B.) Recognize what I'm getting. (No offense to the person who sold me my versicolor...I'm just thinking it may be a A. purpurea which would be awesome in itself if it was a mistake)

John Cory

Arachnopeon
Howdy! My name is John, I've cared for more then a few spiders in the last 20 years (and damn near everything else too) But I'm just getting into the long term-ness of the hobby now. I'm at the piont where I want to start collecting for a nice long term breeding project. I've really wanted to do this for some years now but haven't. It's basicly a now or never thing. So having made my choise here I am. I'm still setting up my care room. (a 5'x6' walk in closet with a window) I'll be around lurking the boards! I look forward to getting to know some, most or maybe even all you! :cool: