Biggest Orb Weaver I've Seen

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always liked orb weavers... even as a little girl. I would get angry if someone mentioned killing one or shooing one off the porch. I have never in my life, though, seen one this huge. ...and I turned 26 today so that's 26 years of bug hunting. My boyfriend's dad actually caught this to give to me for my birthday. {D I returned it to the wild, though, as it looks like it's been doing pretty good for itself.

I'm guessing it's a cat-faced orb weaver as, well, I can see the cat's face, can you? Haha. I dunno if this is one of those or something else... and I don't even have a clue about scientific names. These days I'm a tarantula girl. ;)

Not the best picture but you can at least get an idea of the size.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: cool! yeah i could see the catface pretty nifty. not sure on the scientific though.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hahaha! beautiful! i find them and stick them in my windowwell and watch their construction!!!:D

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always liked orb weavers... even as a little girl. I would get angry if someone mentioned killing one or shooing one off the porch. I have never in my life, though, seen one this huge. ...and I turned 26 today so that's 26 years of bug hunting. My boyfriend's dad actually caught this to give to me for my birthday. {D I returned it to the wild, though, as it looks like it's been doing pretty good for itself..
I Agree~ I can see the Cat face in it...They're a pretty Orb too, Nice Find!