Free GBB female

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey guys
i have a GBB female that had a bad molt, and has two back legs that are somewhat deformed from the bad molt.
I think she is older, and needs a retirement home.
I cant get her to eat, im not sure if its from the bad molt or what the deal is. Either way i work full time, commute to full time classes.
If you pay for her to be shipped she is yours, i dont want to have to kill her to make room.

thanks
DAVID

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i saw this right when it was posted and thought about contacting you. but i'll be out of town saturday-wednesday :(

antbebo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
David,
Hi. I am a 6th grade science teacher in Fort Stockton, Texas. I am sorry to hear about the current condition of your T. I currently have a female Carolina wolf spider, young P murinus, P audax, native Texas tan, native vinegaroon, native scorpions, and several widow species (these are not in my classroom) in my care. She would most likely take up residence in my home where the heat and humidity are controlled in my living room with my other "special" pets. My students love being introduced to and having the pleasure of watching these spiders go about their daily routines. I also raise and breed mealworms and crickets to feed my babies and various spider, frog, and lizard species of my colleagues and friends. I recently lost an older B smithii, and have a tank that can easily be set up to house your GBB. I would be willing to pay the shipping through USPS priority mail, if I am chosen to give your T a home. She will be well taken care of and adored by my family.
Thanks,
Beverly

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give it to the Teacher!!!
(Sorry Ryan).
:D

PS- Way to go, not killing her and all ... maybe you should send the teacher ALL of your T's.

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How old is this spider? How many years does she have left? Upload a picture, I wanna see this bad moult. How much would it cost to ship her anyway, and how can you do it without hurting her?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
haha, since you're busy and all, any more we (I) can take off your hands?! ;P :D

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll take her if shes not yet gone. It'd be a replacement for the lil sling I just got, until those damn ants killed it. :mad:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Give it to Austin he just lost a bunch of T's its only fair...I f I had something to get rid of I would give it to Austin.;)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have the GBB. Keep your fingers crossed

Well guys here she is.
She is pretty messed up hopefully i can get her thru another molt ok.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What happened to the teacher :?
Dang that is going to be a tough road, but looks like you know what you are doing. Can she move at all on her own? Or is it more of dragging herself along?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
she can move but doesn't lift herself much and drags the back legs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe a shallow water dish dug in level with the ground is in order. Good luck!

antbebo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I lieu of water, has anyone ever tried mixing up an electrolyte solution similar to IV fluid. You could probably leave it out to be taken if it doesn't spoil too fast or give small doses like you are doing in the pic with the syringe (i guess that is what you had). I recall there being a recipe in Schultz' Tarantula Guide. When my B smithii got old (6 years), he couldn't kill, so I would pull the hopping legs off of the crickets and hold his prey under his mouth parts with tweezers and sometimes he would eat it. He also liked newly molted mealworms.