Who says that G rosea looks dull? *56k warning; lots of pics*

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Mine is, at the moment, one of the most beautiful T's I own. Her metallic pink sheen is awesome, and, now that she has molted, she lets me handle her to my heart's content.

^^^This one is altered a little ;)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm with you man. Rosea's are pretty awesome t's. I have 3 at the moment. They can get pretty dull and drabby since they go years between molts but a freshly molted one is hella-cool. I think that males often show more color than females too. Have you sexed that one?

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Yep, this one is a definite female (from Noah's Ark), molted back in December. I was expecting her to lose her awesome colors, but they seem to have stayed for the most part.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The talk about the pretty colors on GBBs, M. balfouris, P. metallicas, and such made me think that my rosie was pretty dull until I took a good look at her one day as I came home from work and saw her doing her pet rock pose and I thought to myself "you know, that Tari sure is a nice looking critter." Even though I have other, more colorful Ts in my collection (C. fasciatum, P. murinus, B. smithi), my rosie is definitely my favorite -- due largely in part because she was my first, but still my favorite.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Besides the cool pink-ness, I also love how they actually have stripes all the way up their legs. On mine, they are a muted-silver/grey, and a nice touch to an already pretty spider.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just snatched up a red-phase G rosea. That is s sweet looking t no matter how you slice it. I was surprised however to see that the pink on the carapace id pretty muted. I figured it would be more pronounced. The red really isn't that far off from the orange OBT's thet live next door.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very underrated T's. I have a big female that is just awesome.

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Rosie just molted a few days ago, and she went from being a muddy brown to a bright pink, it's really quite striking. And she's been stretching in all these funny positions as she hardens up.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep. That is one pretty girl. I have a great big old female that's been in premolt for about 8 months now. When she finally pops i think i'm throwing her a party. I'll post pics too...

Nomed

Arachnopeon
Ooo gorgeous Roseas you guys :]
This makes me really want one. LOL

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man, Penny soooo needs to molt. Hasn't eaten in something like 7 months, and is so dull, you can hardly tell her carapace ever was pink!! I've had her for 14 months with no molt yet.

jon.rothweiler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you want to see a gorgeous rose hair look up the red morph of the species, known as the chilean fire tarantula. some arent so red but others are as red as you could imagine.

natakamani

Arachnopeon
What pretty babies! I agree... Rosies are horribly underrated. My first (and so far only.... give it time, lol) is a rosie, and she is just beautiful. I waited 2 years for her to molt, and she didnt disappoint, believe me... Just about a week ago she molted and shes just stunning now.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree, Roseas are underrated. Mine is a beauty. I love to watch her. When she molts she is absolutely gorgeous. Yours is a beauty!!!! They are graceful and beautiful.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
In best Homer Simpson voice..

"Mmmmm freshly molted Grammostola's !!"

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rosies Rock !

No tarantula is more underrated than a rosie. If nobody ever saw a rosie before and they were a new species and rare:

New species of tarantula discovered: pinkish purple carapace, red setae, gets over 6", docile, very hardy, rarely bites or flicks, and stays visible for display.

How much would they sell for :confused:

adult female 6" $275 :}

My rosie is my first T love. I've had her for 20 years. I can't remember but I'm guessing I paid $10 for her. She once ate a pinkie mouse, but over the years she has probably averaged $2 worth of crickets per year. So far this year she's eaten 8, but I think she's finished until the Fall.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No tarantula is more underrated than a rosie. If nobody ever saw a rosie before and they were a new species and rare:

New species of tarantula discovered: pinkish purple carapace, red setae, gets over 6", docile, very hardy, rarely bites or flicks, and stays visible for display.

How much would they sell for :confused:

adult female 6" $275 :}

My rosie is my first T love. I've had her for 20 years. I can't remember but I'm guessing I paid $10 for her. She once ate a pinkie mouse, but over the years she has probably averaged $2 worth of crickets per year. So far this year she's eaten 8, but I think she's finished until the Fall.
No doubt!!! They are totally worth every penny!

jen1302

Arachnopeon
Cute pics love Rosies owner myself of a subadult female who was my first Tarantula who helped with my fear of spiders.{D